Author Topic: Unable to map drives toLS-W1.0TGL/R1 - windows 7  (Read 3811 times)

rcstansfield

• Calf
Unable to map drives toLS-W1.0TGL/R1 - windows 7
« on: January 24, 2010, 03:05:15 PM »

I have a LS-W1.0TGL/R1 with firmware 3.09.  After reading other posts, I have been able to finally see the linkstation using nav.  However when I try to use it by mapping a drive, it fails.  When I browse to map, it lists  ls-wtgl15e.  Upon selecting it , say "windows can not access \\ls-wtgl15e"

My workgroup is mshome.   It works fine from my xp home laptop.  ip address 192.168.2.6.    I also unable to browse to web gui on this pc as well.

Direstor

• Calf
Re: Unable to map drives toLS-W1.0TGL/R1 - windows 7dit
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 05:05:12 PM »

Yeah I've discovered Windows 7 networking to be a royal PITA!  They did something to it that stopped my media streamer from working, hence why I bought the LS dou in the first place. Now I find similar problems to what you are having.  I can map the LS OK but I can't see the NAS with the client utility.

If I plug my Vista drive back in then it all works perfectly.  Both vista and W7 are 64 bit versions, all other software is identical.

(Edit: I set the IP of the nAS to 'static' and it now gets detected in W7 )

rcstansfield

• Calf
Re: Unable to map drives toLS-W1.0TGL/R1 - windows 7
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 08:28:10 PM »

Problem turned out to be caused by the wireless bridge I was using.  Reseting it, resolved name resolution and everything worked after that.