Author Topic: DriveStation Combo 4 - Upgrade Windows 7 - Drive Gone!  (Read 3340 times)

jomodad

• Calf
DriveStation Combo 4 - Upgrade Windows 7 - Drive Gone!
« on: January 12, 2010, 11:20:23 PM »

I had the 1Tb drive working with Vista. I upgraded to Windows 7. I am almost positive that it was there for awhile but now...

nothing I have tried will bring it back.

I have:

1) unplugged the firewire and powered the drive down. Shut down the pc and reconnected the drive and fresh boot.

2) It was daisy chained off of another drive. So I removed the other drive and had it directly plugged into the PC. fresh boot again.

3) I have removed the firewire it originally had and used one that was working perfect with the other drive I have. 

The drive seems to be spinning up. It is only a few months old. Not sure what other tricks to try. I guess I could try to hook it up via USB just to see if it will show up.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: DriveStation Combo 4 - Upgrade Windows 7 - Drive Gone!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 11:52:22 PM »

Does it show up in disk management?  Also let me know the results of plugging it in via USB.

jomodad

• Calf
Re: DriveStation Combo 4 - Upgrade Windows 7 - Drive Gone!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:37:43 PM »

I finally got a hold of a tech on the phone. It was not showing up in disc management. I plugged it in via USB and it still did not show up. So the tech told me I would have to return it.

As I was packing it up I got the idea to try it USB on my Laptop and it popped right up. So from there I took it back to my Desktop PC where it was before. I connected it via USB and it popped right up there too. Then I powered it down and connected it exactly the same way it was before all the problems (daisy chained via firewire).  Viola! it popped up again. I called Tech Support back to let them know this chain of events and they are suspicious. They think there maybe a loose connection internally and want me to get what ever data off the drive that I need and send it back any way.

So to make a short story long. Thanks for your reply but I guess I am on the path to recovery.