Author Topic: No available LinkStation is found  (Read 4781 times)

tifosi77

• Calf
No available LinkStation is found
« on: November 16, 2009, 10:12:52 AM »

I have been using an EZ LS-C1.0TL 1tb NAS drive since March and have been quite happy with its performance.

Over the weekend, I managed to turn a minor problem running a new game into a major system failure and had to re-install Windows (XP Pro) after moving all my profile data to the LinkStation.  After reformatting and successfully installing the OS and all my system drivers, I inserted the CD to install the NASNavigator2 software.  After following the instructions, I was prompted with an error that said "No available LinkStation is found".

This NAS drive is connected (via a wired router) to another computer on my home network, and it is accessible from this other machine.  However, when I tried installing the NASNavi2 software on this other machine (just to check) I received the same error message.

There is currently no firewall or other security software on my machine. (ironically, my downloaded backup copy of my security suite is living happily on the LinkStation patiently awaiting my ability to access and re-install...)  I attempted accessing the drive via IP 192.168.1.4, but no luck, so I am unable to map the network drive.

I would appreciate any help that can be offered, as I have about 40 gigs of data on that drive - from emails to savegame files to applications - that I would very much like to bring back to my computer.

Cheers.

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: No available LinkStation is found
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 11:08:57 AM »

If you are able to use it on one machine and not another then there is an issue with that problem computer.  Make sure you are mapping properly in windows xp by going to start-run - in the run box type in \\192.168.1.4 and see if it can see it. or what exact error messege its getting.  Also try to ping it from that machine, and make sure your ip is in the same subnet. 

tifosi77

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 01:03:47 PM »

Thanks for that suggestion.  I'll give it a try tonight when I get home and post results.

Cheers

tifosi77

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 09:23:04 AM »

Okay, I've tried typing that IP in the run box and I got an error message that said "The network path was not found".

I pinged the IP from the cmd prompt all I got was "The request timed out".

Remember, this is a brand spanking new fresh installation of Win XP Pro, and I connect to the LinkStation via the same routing with which I am now connected to the Internet to type this message.  The really confusing thing is that I can access the LinkStation on the other computer via the established network connection, but when I tried to install the Navigator software on that other machine I was getting the same "No available LinkStation is found" error message.

This is a very weird problem.

tifosi77

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 10:05:51 AM »

Ah nevermind, I got it sorted.  I had the wrong IP address this whole time.  Got connected and mapped, the whole 9 yards.  Sorry to have bothered everyone with this.

Thanks just the same for the help.  :)

olblueyez

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 03:49:15 PM »

THINK MAYBE THIS COULD BE MOVED TO THE SOLVED SECTION?