Author Topic: Can not delete folder created by Apple Mac  (Read 4135 times)

Anim

• Calf
Can not delete folder created by Apple Mac
« on: January 02, 2010, 12:44:10 PM »

Hi

Using a Mac Mini, I dumped my entire music folder "Music" to a 650GB Buffalo Linkstation Live

(Firmware Version 2.11)

I then tried to access this folder on a Windows 7 PC and it said Access Denied.  I then (using the Apple Mac) moved all the mp3's from within the Music folder to another folder (one that was created on a PC) which worked, I can see all my MP3's from any PC on the network. 

Now I can't delete the "Music" folder off the NAS.  If on the PC i get access denied so i do it on the Mac, on the Mac it says deleting then doesn't do it.  It just refreshes the file browser window and all the files are still there.  If i select a single file then "Send to Trash" it does nothing.

So. im stuck with a rather large "Music" folder on my NAS that can not be deleted regardless who i login as.

Access restrictions are disabled on this share too.

Any help?

Thanks

Anim

• Calf
Re: Can not delete folder created by Apple Mac
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 12:53:52 AM »

10 days have passed and zero replies.

I think i will avoid buffalo products in the future, if something goes wrong your on your own!

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 01:01:56 AM »

I apologize for the delay.  Its seems that you have the recycle bin enabled on the share folder setup?  If you do then you should see a trash folder.  Delete what is ever in there and then disable it.  After that you should be able to delete that share folder and be fine.

Anim

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 02:01:55 AM »

Hi

No that wasnt the solution but thanks anyway.

I just solved it.

To delete the locked folder issue which was not possible using "Get Info" from MAC Finder, using the FTP service, logged in as the admin or from any PC on the network i had to use Terminal on a Mac, logged into the share as the user who owned the folder then did a chmod on all the files and directories then:

sudo rm -rf MyMusic

Then it deleted it for good.

Thanks

Geoff