Author Topic: Reset Factory Defaults on LS WT GL R1, ver 1.09 firmware  (Read 3510 times)

wfuson

• Calf
Reset Factory Defaults on LS WT GL R1, ver 1.09 firmware
« on: January 03, 2010, 10:46:34 PM »

I have a version 1.x firmware LS Pro Duo - LS WT GL R1.  The power switch does not have an off postion, just Auto and Manual.  There is no red init button, just an init button and a function button.

Somehow the admin id/password set was lost when I shut the unit down to replace a failed HDD (Disk 1).  User group id's and passwords still work.  I can access the data on disk 2 (was running RAID 1 mode).

I've tried the option to hold the "init" button for 6 seconds, and for 10 seconds, and for a very, very long time to force a reset to factory - nothing seems to force it back. 

When I tried to reload the firmware using the LSUpdater program, it tells me there is no unit requiring an update. 

Is there a way to force a firmware update?  Have not found it on the boards so far.

Help - appreciate anyone's input here.

wfuson

• Calf
Re: Reset Factory Defaults on LS WT GL R1, ver 1.09 firmware
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 05:01:23 PM »

Thanks much!  Worked like a champ, although I am curious about why only the admin ID/PWD combo was lost.  All others were preserved.  Different storage locations I guess.