Author Topic: Terrastation Pro II error  (Read 3659 times)

ukitgroup

• Calf
Terrastation Pro II error
« on: November 11, 2009, 11:08:03 AM »

Hi,

First up the detail of what I have:

TerraStation Pro II Rackmount 4TB

TS-RH4.0TGL/R5

Firmware 1.33

We currently have this running in a Windows / Mac mixed enviroment running a 2003 Active Directory.

All has been working fine until this morning when a user has found he can no longer access one folder within a share.

Having looked at the permissions from a mac, everyone has No Access as permissions now on that one bit.

I've spent the past few hours searching the forums but not had any luck finding any useful info on how to get at the data within this folder.

Oddly enough I can rename the folder itself, but not see the files within.

(The NAS was supposed to only be the backup folder, but this person has managed to work in there, so I have no backup of his data to restore from).

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Terrastation Pro II error
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 03:32:20 PM »

"Having looked at the permissions from a mac, everyone has No Access as permissions now on that one bit."

This sentance confuses me.. so does everyone have access to this folder or not?  Are you saying that everyone is in the read/write column, there are no access restrictions or that no one is allowed access?

ukitgroup

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 04:16:50 PM »

Hi, yes, basically the root share is mac2009 and everyone can get into that.

Within that there's various folders, one in particular called images, which again, everyone can access.

Inside images, there's more folders, things like drawings, photos, art, etc.

For some reason the folder called photos has changed today to be no access for anyone, regardless if I connect from windows or mac under any ID.

The group everyone is listed when you use the 'get info' option on the folder, but it just shows 'no access' and you can't actually change it.

Yet all the other folders around it are still usable. It seems they've saved their work into that folder yesterday and this morning it's locked out.

Hope that's a bit clearer.

Thanks in advance.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »

It sounds like data corruption to me.  You can try FTP to get the data in the folder, but thats about it.

ukitgroup

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 02:48:03 AM »

OK, I'll give that a try.

I'm sure they'll have the files somewhere in e-mails otherwise as they're usually sent in by clients.

Cheers

Rob