Author Topic: Print server on LinkStation Mini status "Deleting"  (Read 3783 times)

tymontano

• Calf
Print server on LinkStation Mini status "Deleting"
« on: October 17, 2008, 12:14:46 PM »

The print server on my LinkStation Mini is no longer working.  I tried to delete the queued jobs, and now the status just says "Deleting".  When I try to bring up the status box to view the print jobs, it pops up and immediately disappears.

I reset and reformatted the drive, but it still says "Deleting".

How can I get the print server working again?

Hp LaserJet 1020 is the printer.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Print server on LinkStation Mini status "Deleting"
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 06:37:40 AM »

Have you tried to flash the firmware on the unit?

go to buffalotech.com support then downloads

tymontano

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 10:35:30 PM »

I flashed from version 1.03 to version 1.05. That got it working again.

But, alas, after the server powers down automatically, it stops working when it comes back on.

jim0547

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 10:56:24 AM »

Hi, I am having the same problem with the Linkstation Mini print server.

I have a Linkstation Mini with 1.05 firmware, connected to a Linksys Router, with PC running Vista Ultimate.

Printer = Canon I850.

When I initially set up the Linkstation Mini and printer a few months ago, the printer worked.

As of last night, it does not work. I can see the Delete status under the print management window of Vista, just as described in this thread. But, the Test Page does not print.

The Web Admin for Linkstation Mini shows the printer under the USB Tab.

I unchecked the bi-directional box on the print properties and it still does not work.

I plugged the printer directly into the PC and it works.

I have also restarted the Linkstation Mini thru web admin, and powering down and back up, and that did not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 10:33:13 AM »
Make sure you flash the firmware and set the unit back to factory defaults (this will not cause data loss)

jim0547

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 08:25:05 PM »

Paul, thanks for the fast reply.

Performed a Force Firmware Update and then reset to Factory defaults as you suggested and that solved the problem. Data was NOT lost.

Thanks!

zz

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 05:25:13 PM »

I had the same issue - reflashing the device seems a bit heavy-handed. The issue is that /etc/printcap gets wiped so the device doesn't know which device to print to.

This can be fixed by telnetting to the device (try Google for "ACP Commander") and inserting the following lines into the blank /etc/printcap:

lp:\

:ml=0:\

:mx=0:\

:sd=/mnt/disk1/spool/lp:\

:sh:\

:lp=/dev/usb/lp0:

lp-ps:\

:ml=0:\

:mx=0:\

:sd=/mnt/disk1/spool/lp:\

:sh:\

:lp=/dev/usb/lp0:

Hope that helps anybody else who spends 6hrs of their day wrestling with this problem... :smileymad: Not sure what causes the file to get wiped in the first place, but looks like something that should be fixed with a new firmware release (mine is running 1.06 already).

grom_boy

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 03:24:20 PM »

Hi,

I have been having the same problem... I got my linkstation last week and the printer was working...  and now says "deleting".

Your ACP Commander solution seemed above my level of expertise so I tried to update the firmware (1.06) LS-WSGL/R1 I downloaded the exe but cannot get it to see my drive so I can update the firmware... I then stumbled across yet another thread where people are having the same problems as me with regards to the firmware update...

Please can you explain in a little more detail the ACP Commander solution as I have spent all weekend trying to get this working :(