Author Topic: 2 porblems: access Linkstation Live wirelessly and Mount the drive  (Read 5521 times)

AmirOulad

• Calf

Hey

First problem:

Wanted to know if this is even possible:

I have an Xbox360 which is connected through an ethernet cable, I sometimes play media that is located on my laptop through the xbox, My xbox connects to my laptop completely wirelessly and my xbox hasn't got the wireless card accessory. So to make things short:

My xbox connected with ethernet cable no wifi at all reads my media from my laptop that is wireless, so they are connected through the router.

My linkstation live is connected with the router with an ethernet cable (obviously) . I am able to connect to the Linkstation with my upstairs pc ( ethernetcable same router) and my laptop wired with an ethernet cable, BUT I am not able to connect to the HDD with my laptop wirelessy. 

Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible? And if not possible then I am extremely dissapointed as I know that my xbox 360 and my WD my Book World Edition 2 are able to do so.

Second Problem:

Does anybody here know how to map remote share the hdd in Windows 7 or Vista?

Thanx

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: 2 porblems: access Linkstation Live wirelessly and Mount the drive
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 09:34:43 AM »

Mapping a share is the standard \\ip map network drive when you right click on share folder.  That's what I would try to do on the xbox, put in the ip address and see if you can access your files that way.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 10:50:23 AM »

What steps are you taking to access the unit wirelessly?  Try these things.

1. Get the ip address.

2. Put the IP address in the address bar of a web browser that should let you login to the web admin.

3 Hold the windows key down and push R.  It should bring the "run" box up for you.  Type in \\ipaddress.  Hit ok.  It should bring up your shares.  Right click on the shares you want to mount and go to map network drive.  Make sure that you check the box for reconnect after logon.

AmirOulad

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 10:45:06 AM »

Thanks, I got it working