Author Topic: Unable to login LS320GL - NOT SOLVED  (Read 5427 times)

gaspy81

• Calf
Unable to login LS320GL - NOT SOLVED
« on: October 10, 2009, 02:46:50 PM »

After a blackout, I cannot access my share folder and I cannot login in the web admin interface on my LS320GL.

I have read the topic:

Unable to login LS320GL

BUT, also after a reset and a firmware update (v.1.15-0.71), I still cannot access the web interface using "admin" / "password".

Is there a way to restore the web admin and - mostlly - the share folder (that had private access and now is inaccessible) ?

Please let me know

Gaspare

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: Unable to login LS320GL - NOT SOLVED
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 03:16:47 PM »

can you ping it?  Does nas navi see it?  Are you able to map it?  These devices do not like power outages. 

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 04:58:45 PM »

If the reset didn't work and you tried forcing a firmware update with "delete user config" option checked then you have performed all of our troubleshooting steps.  I noticed you aren't in the states so I would call your local support for further troubleshooting.

gaspy81

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 05:47:09 AM »

I can see the NAS with the NASNavigator, I can ping it, I can access the login page, but admin/password credential are not accepted in the web-login (even if the "password" password is accepted using the NASNavigaror, for example when I click on "I'm here" button).

I downloaded the flash utility from the download site, BUT I don't remember to have seen any option regarding the deletion of the user config.

Please, can you help me re-flash the firmware using this option? Which software I need?

Thanks a lot

Gaspare

gaspy81

• Calf
Re: Unable to login LS320GL - SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 08:31:39 AM »

Hi, I solved my problem. It was a bit tricky, but I did :)

Briefly: I had to re-flash the firmware while my linkstation was in EM mode (http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/EM_Mode).

In some discussion topics I read about "clicking twice the reset button" to enter the EM mode. This not worked for me, so I used the apc_commander (http://buffalo.nas-central.org/index.php/Open_Stock_Firmware#Getting_Console_.28Telnet.29_Access_with_acp_commander).

So the success story steps were:

1) dowload the acp_commander.jar

2) reset the linkstation (pressing the reset button for at least 15 seconds): this resets the admin password to "password" and sets the IP to the the standard 192.168.11.150.

3) configure PC LAN settings to use a static IP like 192.168.11.8 / 255.255.255.0

4) directly link the PC to the linkstation using a standard/or even a crossover LAN cable

5) disable all firewall softwares (yes, also the Windows firewall)

6) to enter the EM mode, run the apc_commander: java -jar acp_commander.jar -emmode -t 192.168.11.150

7) reboot the linkstation

8) wait for linkstation reboot completion and then access the web login page (http://192.168.11.150): an alert should confirm you that the linkstation is now in EM mode

9) use the firmware utility to flash the firmware (I use version 1.15 for my LS-320GL)

10) access the web login again: now it should work but... in japanese language! Don't panic, use the apc_commander again: java -jar acp_commander.jar -gui 1 -t 192.168.11.150, where "-gui 1" sets the English language (use "-gui 2" for German)

11) at this point you should enter the web login page using admin/password and see all the shares.

I hope this story can help someone else with my same problem.

Thanks,

Gaspare

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: Unable to login LS320GL - SOLVED
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 02:45:14 AM »

We do not support nor condone the use of ACP or telnet.  If your unit is in warranty then the warranty is now Void!