Author Topic: LinkStation HS-DH500GL lost audio link after firmware upgrade  (Read 5616 times)

Wigwam

• Calf
   After upgrading the firmware to 2.11, I can no longer see an audio link in the bottom left of the screen when using web access.  MP3 files are listed but there is no longer any way of using the flash-based music player.  Is there a way of enabling it please, or if not how do I get back to the previous firmware?

Wigwam

• Calf
Re: LinkStation HS-DH500GL lost audio link after firmware upgrade
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 04:40:59 AM »
   I'm surprised I haven't had a response to this yet.  Anybody?

disputator

• Buffalo
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 06:27:19 AM »
   I have a LS Live, same model for ages and since 2.06 I never upgraded because everything I want works. I know that all newer version and all actual devices do not have the audio player in Web access.

Wigwam

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 09:09:25 AM »

Thanks.  My mistake thinking an upgrade would improve things not remove a feature I use!  In the absence of a response from Buffalo, do you know if I can get it back?

And please may I have a response from Buffalo?

njschwartz

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 11:19:34 AM »
   Good luck getting a response.  I posted a similar question a while back including a complaint about device reliabilty and my post was deleted.  It is astounding how a firmware update that was supposed to fix the PS3 DLNA issues, which it did not, could at the same time break an important piece of functionality.  I hope we get some answers soon, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 03:29:28 PM »

Wigwam, since it appears you're from the UK, contact European support to see if they have a copy of the 2.06 firmware. Then you can force the firmware update to roll back to the previous version.

njschwartz, your post was removed because it violated the user guidelines.

jsturgess

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 03:51:52 AM »
   Hi I’m trying to get to grips with my system and get it working with my new PS3. I have a HS-DH500GL running firmware 1.06. PS3 can see the drive but can’t access anything on it ? From the various threads I’ve read this could be a firmware upgrade ? Can anyone help with what this should be updated to and more importantly how it’s done ? Thanks

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 04:02:03 AM »
There is the 2.11 firmware for the PS3 Fix.  Just go to support>downloads.  Put in the HS-DH500GL and it will bring the firmware download up for you, just download it and make sure that you extract the files.  After that you should be able to run the LSupdater.exe, it will find the unit and you just click update.  You will lose your user config so you will have to set that back up. 
Message Edited by JoshC on 10-05-2009 04:02 AM

jsturgess

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 05:59:55 AM »
   Got the file & it sounds simple - thanks.  Is it normal to backup the entire disk before running this ? Thanks again