Author Topic: DriveStation 2Share HD-CELU2 USB/Ethernet switch button failed  (Read 5153 times)

illico

• Calf

Hi,

I'm french, and I bought (Amazon.fr) a hard disk DriveStation 2Share (flexnet) HD-CELU2 with USB and Ethernet capability.

I started to install the device in USB mode (Default on power-up with Switch LED Mode for USB still RED).

The USB device is detected on my WindowsXP and transfert are OK. Good.

But when I started to install de device for LAN mode, the Switch Mode LED never been Green after pushing the button mode, why?

So LAN installation failed.

- I can access to the DriveStation with browser on 192.168.1.99 IP adress with admin authentification so it seems that the 10/100BaseT connection is OK between DriveStation and PC via the router.

I disable the DHCP and set Fixed IP adress to 192.168.1.7 IP, the connection still good with the browser after restart.

The firmware is up to date 1.4.7

On "Basic" menu, there were no information on disk capacity !!; The disk is in USB mode.

On "Disk management" menu, format button and disk check button is disable and can't be used !!

When I push the "Apply" button to disable or enable the "Share directory", I had an Error message

- I can't access to the DriveStation with desktop shortcut because need a user/password don't know.

- On windows disk management, the hardware disk is in FAT32 file system.

How can I have the switch button USB/Ethernet work?

Regards.

Message Edited by illico on 08-27-2009 06:17 PM

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: DriveStation 2Share HD-CELU2 USB/Ethernet switch button failed
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 03:27:35 PM »
illico, I have never seen this before.  I would contact your local support for a replacement.

illico

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 03:50:02 PM »

Thanks,

May be I could try to delete FAT32 partition with windows disk manager, reboot and launch the browser format tools?

illico

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 02:16:49 AM »

Up,

I do:

- Delete FAT32 partition with windows disk manager

- Power Off/ON ON HD-CELU2

- Push Mode Button, still in red/USB mode position !! never passed to green/LAN

- With DriveNav.exe open browser with admin identification, OK

- Wanted to reformat to FAT32 with button on Disk Managment menu, but the button is disabled (in grey) on GUI, and "Check Disk" too !!!

Any Idea?

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 05:44:37 AM »

illico,

you need to contact your local support.  We cannot trouble shoot this device.  Hardware revisions are diffrent and it seems that the unit is defective.

illico

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 05:00:37 AM »

Thanks All,

I replace the device with Buffalo Support and I just receive the new one, and It's good, that work very fine!!

The only limitation is the 4Gbyte maximum file size in FAT32 format mode.

Regards

Illico