Author Topic: Buffalo Ministation Lite HD-PE320U2 is not detected  (Read 5872 times)

knvrox

• Calf
Buffalo Ministation Lite HD-PE320U2 is not detected
« on: October 04, 2009, 05:31:20 AM »

My buffalo ministation lite HD-PE320U2 (red) is not detected by neither my laptop or my desktop when it's connected.  The purple circular light in the corner is not on either.  Though I could still hear the disk spinning.  In addition of that, there is some kind of weird clicking noise as well.  What is the problem?!

thank you

Need_A_Haircut

• Calf
Re: Buffalo Ministation Lite HD-PE320U2 is not detected
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 03:15:12 AM »
   I'm having the exact same problem. Tech support (australia) was 100% useless, I was expecting more (after reading other, albeit, USA-based posts). I want to use the drive on THIS computer, which meets the drive's requirements (Powerbook G4, OS X 10.4.11, up to date), not another one to "see if it works". If it meets the system requirements, Plug-N-Play should work in exactly that order. Have done the apple+option+p+r reset to no avail. Borderline returning the product to buy something that doesn't have the requirement of me spending 45 mins on hold for 0% help.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 03:26:28 AM »

Funny.  I just talked to you, and you werent having that problem with the drive clicking etc....  Have you not wondered that it might be the OS?  You cant say for sure that its the unit or the OS, until you have tried it on another OS. 

We dont appreciate customers calling us useless please refrain from that kind of banter on the forums.

Message Edited by JoshC on 10-05-2009 03:27 AM
Message Edited by JoshC on 10-05-2009 03:39 AM

Need_A_Haircut

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 03:43:18 AM »
   Hi JoshC, since talking to you I have tried the drive on an XP system, a Vista system, a new Macbook Pro running OSX 10.5 and my own OSX 10.4.11 which was updated between my call and now. None of these systems have recognised the drive, on the Windows systems the drive was detected as being plugged in but was inaccessible and also idling, except for a regular seeking noise every now and then (the "clicks"). On both of the OSX systems nothing is detected, in Disk Utility or otherwise.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 03:57:19 AM »
The drive is definitely defective then.  I understand your frustrations with this (I'm also a consumer like yourself).  Like I suggested you can take it back and exchange it or like you stated just return it.  Apology's about the inconvenience. 

Need_A_Haircut

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 04:02:46 AM »
   Cheers mate. I hope this answers the OP's question too.