Author Topic: SLOOOOOOW Backups - Duo Pro + Memeo  (Read 5369 times)

New2NAS

• Calf
SLOOOOOOW Backups - Duo Pro + Memeo
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:43:50 PM »
   I installed Memeo - new version 3.5 onto my wife's laptop, and with no other apps running its now on day 8 trying to backup about 32GB worth of files.  I've turned off virus protection, but I notice that while its verifying a file it appears to go to sleep - Task Mgr running to check.  I can idle the backup and restart the backup and it seems to work a bit faster.  What's up?

Dan_C

• Calf
Re: SLOOOOOOW Backups - Duo Pro + Memeo
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 05:44:32 PM »
This could be a problem with the firmware, which firmware is the device on? also, if you ping to your pro duo, what kind of ttl are you seeing? Its safe to say that 32gb on backup shouldn't take anywhere close to 8 days to backup.

New2NAS

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 08:55:56 PM »
   firmware is version 3.05.  TTL =64 or <1ms.  I thought I did a firmware upgrade the same day I installed the unit.  A couple of weeks ago.  Any other ideas?

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 10:40:44 PM »
You may want to contact Memeo about the issue. There website is http://www.memeo.com/

Dave95762

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 11:11:49 PM »

I am having the same problem.  I am backing up 30 GB worth of data.  It is currently backing up at a rate of 100-200MB per hour.  I estimate I have 1-2 weeks left to backup the last 8 GB of my backup.  When I started, it appeared it would take about 8 hours from the estimates I made. 

NAS:

Buffalo LinkStation LS-WTGL/R1 per the manual

NAS Navigator calls out:LS-W2.0TGL/R1-V3

Firmware 3.09

Computer:

HP Pavilion

Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz, 2.5 GB RAM

Windows XP SP3 Media Center Edition Version 2002

Typical Processor Utilization during backup <10% (mostly running Idle Process)

Network:

Fast Ethernet throughout

Ping took <1ms each time

Typical Network Utilization during backup <1%

Backup Software:

Memeo Version 2.50.3143

Help!

New2NAS

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 01:06:46 PM »
   called Buffalo with all info supplied and they were worthless.  Absolutely no help what so ever.  So now I just drag over the folders I want backed up and it sails quickly over.  I can back up 30GB + in about an hour.  So much for their crappy software.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 10:05:14 AM »
   It's not Buffalo's software you i*iot, its memeo's software. Two seperate companies hense why you were asked to contact them directly!
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

New2NAS

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »
   Thanks DAVO - you've reaffirmed why tech support jobs head to India.  I guess my Login name NEW2NAS escaped your keen insight.  I did contact Memeo - Buffalo packages this software with their NAS solutions - the yin and yang of a complete backup solution.  Apparently no actual testing at Buffalo takes place just slap in some crappy software and sell as a solution.  By association Buffalo markets this solution as suitable for backup needs and SHOULD stand behind its association with Memeo.  As for Memeo's response - its a firmware problem.  That too was updated with no success.  I also upgraded to Memeo's latest version - no difference.  The software was tried on several computers - no difference.  So DAVO say hello to your new friends in Mumbai...