Author Topic: Recently deployed TeraStation II iSCSI; needs SMB... (TS-IGL/R5)  (Read 2782 times)

DMXTenchi

• Calf
Recently deployed TeraStation II iSCSI; needs SMB... (TS-IGL/R5)
« on: September 26, 2009, 08:32:36 PM »

I recently deployed a TeraStation II iSCSI with the impression that I could create two storage areas; one configured with  iSCSI for the speed (for an Exchange mail store) and one configured as an SMB share so the data will still be accessable even if the server goes down (for actual data). Accordingly I created two storage areas on the TeraStation using web manager. All was going well until it came time to designate the samba share. There does not appear to be an option to do that, I can only access the shares with iSCSI which defeats the purpose of the installation.

I really need some help with this; all the information I could find for this product indicated that it supported both iSCSI and SMB, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to configure it, and I've read the documentation and the manuals available on this website and googled for the answer, all to no avail.

Thank you in advance for whatever information you can give!

DMXTenchi

• Calf
Re: Recently deployed TeraStation II iSCSI; needs SMB... (TS-IGL/R5)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 09:22:15 PM »

On the off chance that there's actually anyone else out there doing anything as complicated as this, the answer from Buffalo tech support is: The device is -only- iSCSI, just as the SMB devices are -only- SMB. So I cannot have an iSCSI accessable share and an SMB accessable share on the same box.

I'm embarrassed, but I'll share this just in case it helps anyone else avoid this mistake in the future.