Author Topic: DLNA problem in 2.14 firmware - Where is the old firmware ?  (Read 3438 times)

Manov

• Calf
DLNA problem in 2.14 firmware - Where is the old firmware ?
« on: September 24, 2009, 08:04:03 AM »

Hi,

I updated my Terastation Live HS-DHTGL/R5 to firmware revision 2.14 and it now DLNA has stopped working (it was working beforehand).

The Terastation now displays the following errors if I try to refresh the media list using the Refresh button:-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Software error:
Not connect at module/BufPCastDLNAControl.pm line 98.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (admin@localhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Software error:
Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at module/BufPCastDLNAControl.pm line 104.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (admin@localhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the firmware update I reset back to factory defaults and everything else is working fine.  I've read that this is a bug in version 2.14 of the firmware and that I need to install version 2.11 to fix this bug, but I can't find it on your website.

Please can you give me the URL for the older firmware, or better still, tell me how to fix the problem without reinstalling the older firmware ? :-)

Thanks in advance.

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: DLNA problem in 2.14 firmware - Where is the old firmware ?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 08:11:48 AM »
Where did you read that it was a bug?  Ive check our FTP site and it dosent look like we have the 2.11.  Ill have to check into it further to see if we can get it.

Manov

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:16:51 AM »

>Where did you read that it was a bug? 

On the Buffalo Tech forum - I did a search for one of the errors and 4 threads were returned.  One of the posters responded that he'd had the same problem and reverted back to 2.11 and it fixed the problem.

I've looked at all the other settings and can't see anything wrong so thought that reverting back to my previous working firmware was the best way forward based on that posting.  If you can suggest anything else that would be most helpful as I'm out of ideas.

>Ive check our FTP site and it dosent look like we have the 2.11.  Ill have to check into it

>further to see if we can get it.

That would be great, thanks.

Tj-From-Bristol

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 10:51:01 AM »

I am running the HS-DHTGL/R5 with 2.14 and DLNA works fine,

Suggestion: I would reflash the unit and after it reboots go into the unit network connect and properly shut it down from the menu, after it shuts down unplug from it from the wall for a minute, plug it back in and boot the system to see if it correct the problem, hope this helps, Tj