Author Topic: Firmware 3.10 for Linkstation Pro Duo, 1TB vs 2TB models  (Read 4780 times)

Charles

• Calf
Firmware 3.10 for Linkstation Pro Duo, 1TB vs 2TB models
« on: September 18, 2009, 07:11:59 PM »
   My question is basically this: Is the 3.10 firmware the same for the 1tera byte and 2tera byte models?  My Pro Duo was originally a 1TB, which I then modified by taking out both 500GB hard drives and installing 2 1TB drives of my choosing, and doing the whole procedure of upgrading the software (not an easy thing for me).  Now when I try to download the firmware (3.10) the serial number in the unit will not work, unless I first select the LS-W1.0TGL/R1 (which is the 1tera byte model).  My unit has the 3.09 version now.

rinthos

• Buffalo
Re: Firmware 3.10 for Linkstation Pro Duo, 1TB vs 2TB models
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 11:36:11 PM »

The Distinction for the LS Pro Duo's is v1 or v3. 

The 1TB and 2TB use the same firmware (I've used both).

However since you've replaced drives, the updates may not work as expected (I don't think Buffalo will support it).  Just an fyi as you may want to consider the risk before venturing for that upgrade, given your situation ;)

---

Charles

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 03:04:06 AM »
   :smileyhappy:Gee thanks.  For all intents and purposes, my LS Pro Duo became an LS-W2.0TGL/R1 (3) after I changed the HDDs and updated the software.  I "risked" it and installed the 3.10 firmware, and it worked like a charm! 

rinthos

• Buffalo
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 01:28:31 PM »

@Charles,

Awesome that it worked out.  :)  Where I tend to get worried is when using drives such as 'WD Green' where they might try and park during the update. Delayed write-failures during a firmware update would bring you to the FAQ topcis on this forum.

Just a curiousity question, what drive makes/models did you use ?

And thanks for posting your results, might help others facing similar situations.

---