Author Topic: DriveStation FlexNet 1TB formatting for Mac Help  (Read 4895 times)

Skipjack

• Calf
DriveStation FlexNet 1TB formatting for Mac Help
« on: March 26, 2009, 11:47:08 AM »

I have a DriveStation FlexNet 1TB (CE1.OTLU2) that I want to use on my Mac running OSX 010.4.11 in NAS mode. Since it could not handle a file greater that 4gb, or handle Mac filenames I formatted it as HFS+ Journaled. Now I cannot connect to it over the network. If I try to connect using AFP it says it cant find it, if I try and connect using SMB or CIFS it says "wrong password" even though I have not setup a password in the settings page. I can reach the settings page using a web browser by the way.

Any help?

Thanks 

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: DriveStation FlexNet 1TB formatting for Mac Help
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 03:54:23 PM »
   Fat32 file system is what you need to use for the network function.

grishick

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 12:02:54 AM »
   I have similar problems with the same product. Password problem goes away once you set up the password using the web interface. But my Mac still does not see it on the network other than using SMB, and file transfers to the device via SMB mostly fail for some reason.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 03:03:35 AM »
What format is the FlexNet in?

okjim3BT

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 07:53:12 PM »
   I also have a flexnet, I plugged it into my linksys wireless router, used the provided disc on my windows machine to minimally set it up (changed host name to buffalo_one, mapped it as the z drive) and then moved over to my macbook pro. Tried to find it with finder, no luck. Downloaded and ran Nasnavigator2 from the downloads section of this site. Lots of watching a progress bar, lots of clicking the rescan button, but it failed to find my drive. My lowly safari browser can find the admin utility at 192.168.10.103/index2.html. Have I purchased a hundred dollar door stop? Please help.  

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 10:28:23 AM »

Okjim,  the NASNAVI won't find the unit, that is made for our other NAS products.  Have you tried with smb or afp?

Everyone:

What version of mac are you running?  It seems to work fine on our 10.5.8 using smb.

okjim3BT

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 09:23:09 PM »
   Smb worked for me! I used Finder/Go/Connect to server and typed in smb://host_name (in my case BUFFALO_ONE) and it asked me for a password but gave me the option to log on as a guest. Since I haven't assigned a password I took that route. I appreciate your help. Why don't you write up a PDF and put it in the Knowledge Base and make a less frustrating experience for customers using macs? I've heard of afp (didn't work btw) from the NAS drives we use at work, but never heard of smb. I searched the Knowledge Base for my product and all I found was a download promising mac support which turned out to be nasnav. A little more love for the mac folks would be good. Thanks again.