Author Topic: Link Station Live (LS-CH640L) doesn't appear on network  (Read 3036 times)

rawlikecoke

• Calf
Link Station Live (LS-CH640L) doesn't appear on network
« on: September 04, 2009, 11:46:06 AM »

For some unknown reason my Link Station Live can no longer be accessed. Normally it is connected to my router and the NAS will appear on my Network. Nothing will appear in NASNavigator 2.19 either. I suspect that there is a problem with getting an IP Address from a DHCP server. Note that I did manually configure the IP address before so that it would have a static IP but I've forgotten the details of this exactly. The IP address I gave it would have been something like 192.168.1.1xx as the IP address of my router is 192.168.1.1

I have also tried to connect the NAS directly to my Mac and it told me that it has self-assigned an IP address 169.254.xxx.xxx. I tried to connect to this address by going to Go > Connect to Server... > smb://169.254.xxx.xxx but it gave me an error saying that  "The server 169.254.xxx.xxx is availble on your computer. Access the volumes and files locally".

The led doesn't seem to show any errors as it just stays blue while in operation

Any ideas? I guess a way to restore to default settings might work (without losing the existing data)

Message Edited by rawlikecoke on 09-04-2009 12:09 PM

rawlikecoke

• Calf
Re: Link Station Live (LS-CH640L) doesn't appear on network
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 12:42:15 PM »

Nevermind. I managed to access the Linkstation by connecting it to a windows machine. NasNavigator managed to find the Linkstation and I was able to change some of the IP settings.