Author Topic: LS-CH500L-EU, cannot find/map share on Vista  (Read 2978 times)

Pacius

• Calf
LS-CH500L-EU, cannot find/map share on Vista
« on: September 02, 2009, 03:41:01 AM »

When trying to map share from NASNavigator2 on Windows Vista Home Premium, I get the "Default share is missing." error. Neither can I access the share via \\LS-CHLxxx\share UNC path or via \\192.168.1.xx\share UNC path. However, playing music located on the LS using Vista's Media Player via DLNA is possible. I can also use the Web Admin, Web Access and FTP to reach the LS from Vista. NASNavigator2 sees the LS and its details just fine. Also, I can map the drive and access the share perfectly fine with my XP laptop.

Additionally, I have a HP DeskJet F4280 connected to LS via USB cable and can print from XP. Can't from Vista, because it can't find the server.

LS model is LS-CH500L-EU, firmware 1.07. LS is connected to Zyxel P-660HW-D1 ADSL modem and router via Ethernet cable. Both of my computers, one running XP SP3, the other running Vista Home Premium, are connected to the network via wifi. The router has NAT, so without port forwarding any of the machines aren't reachable from the Internet. (LS is running BitTorrent and the router has a port forwarded for that, works fine.)

I have tried the registry change in Vista, changing LmCompatibilityLevel from value 3 to 2 and to 1, any of which didn't solve the issue. Yes, restarted after changes.

The Vista laptop is used by my wife, and I really wouldn't like to teach her to use FTP to access the files... So, any ideas?

Message Edited by Pacius on 09-02-2009 03:44 AM

Pacius

• Calf
Re: LS-CH500L-EU, cannot find/map share on Vista
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 04:07:37 AM »
   Stupid me... Banged my head on the wall for two days because of this and right after I post this question I notice that the file and printer sharing is unchecked in the network connection properties... Works now.