Author Topic: Urgent- LS-QL/R5 Failed to boot-continuous blue power flashing..  (Read 5816 times)

askme

• Calf

Hi all,

Please help me

I have LinkStation Quad LS-QL/R5 working fine for last 6 months, suddenly yesterday evening it failed to recognize over the network. When I looked at the NAS hard disk light, it was not blinking and there were no activities. I tried to shutdown holding power button for 3-4 minutes, it did not shutdown. Then I forcefully shutdown it by removing power cord.

Now When I am staring the power light is continuous flashing blue and hard disk light remain static. I even tried to initialize it with holding function button and the pressing power button, no much effect. Please help me how can I recover my data on drive? How can I make it work again? 

By the way I have extra new LS-QL/R5 which not been used yet, can I replace its hard disk and can get my data?

Please help me it is urgent, al most 50 net users are waiting for their file stored on this NAS.

Thanks

askme

• Calf
Re: Urgent- LS-QL/R5 Failed to boot-continuous blue power flashing..
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 03:03:02 AM »

Now I managed to install NAS sofware from its CD and initialize it and can recognize my LS-QL/R5 NAS drive, I changed IP address and shutdown it by holding power button. After few second I turn it on my pressing power button, after blue light flash it stoped falsshing, but still NAS software saying my drive is in EM Mode and I cannot access web control panel neither I can browse my files via NAS software.

Please help me....

askme

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 05:34:27 AM »

I fixed the problem..

1. I downloaded firmware upgrade software (.zip) file from buffalotech

which match my LinkStation

2. Unzip it and run on my PC which connected to LinkStation via switch (Same subnet IP and Firewall disabled)

3. After few minutes of auto-configuration, copy, update and reboot...

my LinkStation come alive. I was very afraid that I will loose HardDisk data or other configuration... but thanks God nothing was lost!

Thanks everyone.

maxwongwk

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 09:18:24 AM »
I have the similar problem for my Linkstation Live LS-X2. I was tried to update the firmware as well. But after that, my linkstation is still flashing on the blue light non-stop, and unable to reach via my home network.

Please help..... Please help.....