Author Topic: firmware uptade killed the linkstation mini ??  (Read 5176 times)

elz64

• Calf
firmware uptade killed the linkstation mini ??
« on: August 26, 2009, 08:48:57 AM »

Hi,

I use the firmaware updater.

First the nas navi2 said there was a time issue (the LS wwas still on winter time)

I change the time setting through the web admin.

Then the nasnavi was looking satisfied, and saw correctly everything.

I used the1.05 firware updater, that did not finish cleanly saying it "was not sure the update occured" (??)

I tried a couple of time an finally reupdated with the very last firmware I just found (1.06)

We I got back to see on nasnavi,  it was into an EM MODE

I try to OFF/ON the unit and now after a few seconds a RED lights comes ON and I cant see the NAs anymore on the lan***What the hell happen ?

And what can be done ???

Thank you

now the LS 

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: firmware uptade killed the linkstation mini ??
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 09:04:12 AM »

How did you try to update the firmware.  Directly connected to a desktop?  Or was it from a wireless laptop?

I would try to do a direct connect and see if it will take the firmware?  Try loading your computer up with safe mode with networking and set a static ip address on you computer to something that is close to your ls mini

elz64

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:22:49 AM »

I used lan connection not a wifi.

I'll try a direct one but the red light is always flashing

elz64

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 11:01:59 AM »

noway the unit i no more visible I tried with the ip I setup and with the default one.

nothing is working and I cant find the blinking code signification. The notice is a crap.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 03:44:21 PM »
Is there a pattern of long or short blinks?  Where did you purchase the unit?  Have you tried booting the unit into EM mode?

elz64

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 01:43:10 AM »

the red led first flash quit fast 6times  then after a while it stays steady off 1second and cycle again.

the green is on and flashing "randomly" as a network link led. (but no way to ping the unit)

I never saw EM mode in the documentation coming with this product.

I just read something about reinitializing  (wich I dont know what it means)  doing :

"On" while pushing the function button, releasing it, and pushing the button again.

I did  this.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 02:47:36 PM »
E06 means that either the boot image is lost or you have a bad HDD.  Look on the stickied threads at the top of the storage page (the 3 FAQs).  I want you to boot the unit into EM mode and then flash the firmware.

elz64

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 02:13:06 AM »

but the unit is no more visible on the network !

I followed the tftp boot procedure, with a direct connection the process looked like being ok, and the communication was done with 192.168.11.150.

(the led remains blue)

Then, as asked, I went back to the flashing procedure, staying with the direct eth connection.

(rebooting the unit itwent back to E06 red lights)

Once again the nasnavi or the updater don't see nothing.

EDIT

The unit after the tftp process reboots (,) or something and cames back to its previous ip (the one I settup originaly).

(meaning its dhcp request was done this time and my adsl box gave it its reserved ip)

So the firmware updater could see it once I rechange the ip of the pc to go back to my lan too.

the 1.06 flash occured well this time (long, many different steps, meaning it has been probably cancel the previous times).

then the unit reboot well and turns to blue state.

But the admin password was reset to 'password' web interface was in Japenese (I had to play with the BASIC setup and change the language to English + the car set to some iso...)

I lost everything into the shares..of course.

Thank you

Message Edited by elz64 on 08-28-2009 10:20 AM
Message Edited by elz64 on 08-28-2009 11:13 AM