Author Topic: Can't access NAS via web  (Read 12580 times)

markusmark

• Calf
Re: Can't access NAS via web
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 01:41:29 PM »

173.13.192.146 is the linksys's "default gateway."  The static ip assigned to the linksys is 173.13.192.145.

Just got off the phone with comcast.  The said all ports on the SMC 8014 are open with not nat'ing, no filtering, etc.  So, what should I tell comcast now?  Arghhhhhhhhhhh!

rinthos

• Buffalo
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2009, 01:15:50 AM »

So the linksys is 'connecting to a default gateway' which is 173.13.192.146?

If so that sounds like it's coming from your SMC device.  Comcast will need to disable DHCP and everything else on your modem.  You want it to be configured as a modem, nothing more.

markusmark

• Calf
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 08:07:42 AM »

I talked with comcast yesterday about this - I wanted them to assign the NAS web interface to port 9001 and the comcast tech told me that the modem is wide open - it's passing everthing, including, I assume, gas?!!!  And, since the router has a fixed ip, does dhcp matter at this point???

The gateway ip was assigned by comcast.  The linksys router's ip is .145, as previously noted.

markusmark

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 01:06:55 PM »

I attempted to upgrade the firmware in the linksys but it puked on me - it wouldn't properly reboot.  Bought another linksys router - same model - with the same results.  Just somehow the world doesn't know that our nas is on the net. 

What about if I change the NAS's gateway to the same as the router? 

markusmark

• Calf
Re: Can't access NAS via web - FIXED
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2009, 01:55:35 PM »

Doh!  I had set up the NAS including naming it for webaccess.  THEN, we went and start to mess around with the internet stuff.  No wonder it never showed up on the internet - www.buffalonas.com had the ip address from when I first set up the NAS, and not the one after we messed around with ip addresses, etc.

I renamed the nas and changed the password.  It now worx fine!!!!  DOH!