Author Topic: TS-RHTGL-R5 no TFTP boot image available  (Read 3923 times)

Tempuser

• Calf
TS-RHTGL-R5 no TFTP boot image available
« on: August 15, 2009, 09:30:12 PM »

got a ts-rhtgl-r5  & had a few drives go down...so replaced drives now got the e06 error. I know I got to do a tftp flash but there is no tftp image available for the ts-rhtgl-r5 here: ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/nas-recovery/

I assume I can use TFTP Boot Recovery TS-HTGL-R5 1.20.exe but if I do that and have to go flash the firmware with tsupdater.exe the tftp boot firmware won't match the units firmware so it won't allow. I suppose I can try the modifying and forcing the firmware update but don't want to get into any risks that could brick it.  

The unit had 1.33 firmware on it which is latest so just wondering why Buffalo just doesn't make a tftp boot image for the TS-RHTGL which would make it easier for me.

Tempuser

• Calf
Re: TS-RHTGL-R5 no TFTP boot image available
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 11:59:57 AM »

So no one has a solution how to get my TS-RHTGL-R5 back up from the E06 error code? Been 2 days now & company wants its backup back online. Since there is no TFTP image available from Bufallo should I modify the TS-RHTGL-R5 lsupdater.ini so that it will accept the firmware? The TFTP image is just temporary isn't it when you power off it forgets it until you firmware flash it?

Thanks

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: TS-RHTGL-R5 no TFTP boot image available
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 06:51:02 PM »

No if you use the pro 2 TFTP then the rackmount firmware won't find the unit.  Try the TFTP for the rackmount here:

ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/nas-recovery/

Sorry for the delay we have been very busy recently moving our support department to a new building.