Author Topic: Linkstation Pro Duo with UPS?  (Read 3359 times)

newprometheus

• Calf
Linkstation Pro Duo with UPS?
« on: August 09, 2009, 02:33:31 AM »

Hi,

I'm writing to find out if anyone has any guidance/advice with regard to using their Buffalo Linkstation Pro Duo with a UPS.

I am running a Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo (model LS-WTGL/R1-V3) with firmware version 3.07.  The LinkStation is connected to a router, to which my computer network is attached.  Both the router and the Linkstation are powered by an APC Back-UPS XS 1300 (model BX1300LCD).  My hope is that the Linkstation can be configured to shutdown gracefully when the UPS kicks over into battery mode.

Is anyone using this model NAS and UPS?

Alternatively, does anyone have an idea as to whether these two devices will work nicely together?  I'm a bit concerned that they won't work nicely together because the back of the UPS doesn't have a regular USB port, like one might imagine.  Instead it has some kind of RJ-45-style port labeled "Data Port", and comes with a special cable to be used with this port that terminates in a RJ-45 connector on one end and a USB connection on the other.  Furthermore, I think this connection is to be used with a computer running some software.

So, any guidance/advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

newprometheus

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Pro Duo with UPS?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 04:36:55 AM »

Okay, well that seems to have worked...

At least, the UPS connection is recognized by the Linkstation.  Niiice, I like! ;)

Well done, Buffalo.

Thank you!

rinthos

• Buffalo
Re: Linkstation Pro Duo with UPS?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 07:43:18 AM »

Sounds like you've answered your own question, but remember, you Must configure the UPS functionality and enable it after you've connected the UPS (it will show sync'd but make sure you configure and enable it from the Web interface).

You're correct, no software needed, the Linkstation Pro Duo has a Ups process running on it already. 

And yeah, the APC product line tends to be most successful :)

---