Author Topic: Bought Hd-ceu2 1tb in Japan Need english software  (Read 5258 times)

solidfan

• Calf
Bought Hd-ceu2 1tb in Japan Need english software
« on: June 12, 2009, 05:13:41 AM »
   Hello, I recently bought a Hd-Ceu2 1tb drive in Tokyo and want to use the eco function to stop the drive from spinning all the time but software is in Japanese and on top of that won't install on my North American bought PC. I tried to get the firmware on the North American and European site but says invalid password. Could someone help me to get the english Software please. Thanks for reading My plea

Marcel

• Calf
Re: Bought Hd-ceu2 1tb in Japan Need english software
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 05:22:43 PM »
   OK, sir you want to make your way to the downloads page .http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/ . Find you product by either name or model number and you can download the english cd image from there.

Caleb

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 06:37:55 PM »
   If the serial # for that unit wont let you download on the main site due to it being an asian unit then you can always download the eco manager here.

solidfan

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »

Caleb wrote:
If the serial # for that unit wont let you download on the main site due to it being an asian unit then you can always download the eco manager here.

Thanks this is a good start, The eco manager software says that I must have the full software for it to work.

solidfan

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 08:37:41 PM »

Marcel wrote:
OK, sir you want to make your way to the downloads page .http://www.buffalotech.com/support/downloads/ . Find you product by either name or model number and you can download the english cd image from there.

Thank, but this page will not recognize my serial number and does not allow me to download.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 04:11:15 AM »
Unfortunately, any English software that we have will not work with the Japanese units.

solidfan

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 04:21:22 AM »

Dustrega wrote:
Unfortunately, any English software that we have will not work with the Japanese units.

I don't quite understand, because the eco manager application from North America reconizes the hard drive and asks me to install the other drivers for eco control to access sleep function.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 04:24:16 AM »

solidfan wrote:

Caleb wrote:

Thanks this is a good start, The eco manager software says that I must have the full software for it to work.

Sorry I was under the assumption you were still having this issue. Could you try downloading the full CD image instead?

solidfan

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 05:54:51 AM »

Dustrega wrote:

solidfan wrote:

Caleb wrote:

Sorry I was under the assumption you were still having this issue. Could you try downloading the full CD image instead?

Thank you very much! I am very grateful. Working fine now.