Author Topic: English software for HD-PF500U2  (Read 6431 times)

infinityronin

• Calf
English software for HD-PF500U2
« on: July 02, 2009, 05:58:36 AM »

I bought this unit in Japan, and tried to download the English version of the software from your website, but it won't accept my serial number.  I can provide the serial number if necessary.

Thanks

kevin

• El Toro
Re: English software for HD-PF500U2
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 06:12:20 AM »

This Website is for North American products and will not accept international serial numbers for licensing reasons!

You do not need software to run the device, but what software is it you are looking for?

tanjl

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:24:13 PM »

Click on this link to download HD-PFU2 software.

Pls extract and copy to root of HD-PFU2.

infinityronin

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 09:28:02 AM »

Well there looks to be several utilities on the drive, but I can't really read the Japanese characters when I attempt to run them.  I wanted to download the English version of the software to see if there was anything worth using.  Especially I heard the Memeo backup utility is supposedly very good. 

@Tanjl I didn't see a link in your reply, did I miss it?

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 12:11:35 AM »
If it is Memeo your looking to get, you can download a trial from them at memeo.com and then use the product key provided with the drive to enable the full version... But this may not come the Japanese unit, as you can only get software that is for unit purchased and packaged software varies across different regions. The reason you need a North American serial number is for licensing reasons!

infinityronin

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 06:15:54 AM »
   Oh, I see now.  Well I looked through the drive, and Memeo doesn't seem to be there.  Are there other ways to get the secure lock software in English, and an English driver for the Turbo USB driver?

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 06:25:09 AM »

Here is the Secure LockWare (SLW)

There are no "drivers" from Buffalo for this device, as they are the USBSTOR.inf drivers from Microsoft. I will have to find the Turbo USB software, I may just PM you that, so watch for it. 

godslayer

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 10:28:04 AM »

Hi,

Can pm me a copy of the latest TurboUSB driver also? I have formatted my hdd and apparently deleted off the driver partition by mistake also.

Mine was bought in Singapore and they don't provide any drivers on their website. 

On a sidenote, can TurboUSB support Vista x64?

I understand that the its using FAT32 but I would like to use NTFS or exFAT instead for increased file size limit (above 4GB). Can TurboUSB support any of these supposedly in  WinXP x32 environment?

Thanks

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 10:40:59 PM »

It supports Vista but not 64-bit

I believe the software works with  NTFS

brad_g

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 03:41:27 PM »

Hi,

I have also formatted my buffalo drive and lost the turbo drivers from it.

I am unable to download these from the website as it won't accept my serial number.

Does anyone know where I can get these from?

Thanks

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 07:57:18 AM »

brad_g- What region did you purchase your product in?  The serial number you are IS the 14-15 digit S/N number found on the unit?