Author Topic: Red light error (Firmware broken) LinkStation Live LS-CH1.OTL-EU  (Read 8032 times)

depack

• Calf

Cant find LinkStation Live true NASNavigator2. When i turn LSL on it boots up and then starts blinking red lite fast 6 times. What to do? I was using LSL for 2 houres and already broken :S PS: im using Windows XP.

Message Edited by depack on 07-20-2009 03:29 PM
EDIT by Colin137: corrected spelling of title to aid other users' searching.
Message Edited by Colin137 on 08-11-2009 03:52 PM

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Red lite error (Firmware broken) LinkStation Live LS-CH1.OTL-EU
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 04:30:49 PM »
First try booting the unit into EM mode:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&thread.id=9306

If it boots into EM mode try the force update procedure:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&thread.id=9309

If it doesn't boot into EM mode try the TFTP procedure:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&thread.id=9312
Message Edited by PCPiranha on 07-20-2009 04:33 PM

depack

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 08:45:00 AM »
   Tried to boot in to EM mode. In the end when i holded func button it continued flashing (whated about 130 sec stiil flashing). Then when i let it go it was still flashing and top led was blue(didnt flash). NasNavigator 2 didn't find LSL. Then i started to thinking to do TFTP procedure, but could,t find (-  Your NAS model's TFTP boot image which you can find here). Ie was telling internet explorer cannot display the webpage (even when Open ftp site in IE). Same with firefox. What to do :S
Message Edited by depack on 07-21-2009 08:46 AM

4b0nz

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:06:31 AM »

I am in the same case, but for me the TFTP method was useless.

My problem is that the LS can't have an IP so can't appear in the network.

How shall I resolve this?

depack

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 11:13:43 AM »
   When you did TFTP you didn't get in to EM mode?

4b0nz

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 12:14:37 PM »

The only way I can do the TFTP (when it can transfer with the LS) is switching on my LS (red light 2s after starting: E06), then, pushing FUNC during 5s. Then the lights becomes green and don't move. Q and # (the down one).

Then the TFTP can works.

However it doesn't works at all. Can't communicate with...

But even when the TFTP seemed to works, my LS can't shutdown when I put on OFF. So, I usually put OFF, get out of electricity my LS and give again electricity to restart it, so it shutdown cause button is on OFF, and then I put the button on ON and it can restart...

What's a s**t !!!

Message Edited by 4b0nz on 07-21-2009 12:20 PM

depack

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 12:16:36 PM »
   i downloaded TFTP Boot Recovery LS CHL 1.06. Now how i change my ip to 192.168.11.1. I have dynamic ip. And im connected to wifi true my pc network adapter. And i have original firmware 1.03v.

4b0nz

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »

You have to change the IP of your comouter in your network.

Not you're external IP which is the dynamic one.

Let's do a little search to know easyli how to change an IP and you'll could do that faster !

depack

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 12:41:42 PM »
   ok things is like this i downloaded TFTP Boot Recovery LS CHL . Then i connected LSL with network cable to my PC(in the same time i have connected wifi network adapter true usb). Then i take local area connection there under TCP/IP change ip on 192.168.11.1 (Subnet mask, Deafult getaway). Under network connections it showing Connected. Then i turn on my LSL and whate when it runs until it starts flashing E06 error then i run TFTP Boot.exe, there i have all same as on picture in FAQ. And nothing happens (i have accepting requests, but under nothing and it stays like this). Onley when i push func button for 5 sec it starts running TFTP Boot.exe after i get that done and ti shows Local area connection cable unpluged. My LSL just stays on with top led lited blue color(not blinking).  And nothing still cant find LSL true NasNavigator 2. I tried to connect LSL to my ruter back and chieck true NasNavigator 2, still nothing. I put my LSL on off and it turns of but when i put back on it stays like it was before blinking E06 error.
Message Edited by depack on 07-21-2009 09:04 PM
Message Edited by depack on 07-21-2009 09:09 PM

4b0nz

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 01:09:42 PM »
   Same for me, if I understood you perfectly.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 02:41:33 PM »
Did you make sure to disable firewalls and/or try booting the computer into safemode with networking to be sure there isn't any software confliction?  If so then the only option is to call our support line for an advanced RMA replacement.

depack

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 09:25:55 AM »

Today i tried óne more time to fix my LSL. So i started my PC in safemode and did TFTP boot recovery. After that i at last find my LSL with NasNavigator 2. Then i run normal firmware update. At the end of update it showed this text: "Coudn.t confirm a response from LS-CHL pleas check a network address of both PC and LS-CHL. Please disable the Firewall funcion if it is working on PC. Updating is aborted". So i connected my LSL back to router. Then i run my PC in normal mode and at last my NasNavigator 2 find LSL. So i writed my LSL ip address in the browser and get response. Onley my web panel was in japanese language. I logged in and chosed 2 second link in menu on the left. At the bottom i changed my language from japanese to english and saved. Then logged out and it was in english. Thats all.

Thanks PCPiranha for help.