Author Topic: HD-CELU2 - any way to remove the SHARE prefix? Also SLM question...  (Read 3035 times)

mcuth

• Calf

Hi all

I recently purchased the HD-CELU2 (Drivestation 2 share) 500Gb model with the intention being to only access it over my LAN. I don't have any problems accessing the drive, and have successfully updated the firmware to v1.4.7, but I had a couple of questions:

1. When browsing the device, either by hostname or IP address, there is a SHARE directory already created in the root of the device, i.e.:

\\[HOST_NAME or IP_ADDRESS]\SHARE

Although I can create subdirectories off \SHARE, I can't create any directories in the Root of the drive - is this normal behaviour? Although this is mostly an aesthetic request, is it possible to remove the \SHARE or suppress the display in anyway please?

2. Given the 4Gb size limitation of FAT32 and being forced to use FAT32 for LAN access, is there any problem creating a Secure Lock Mobile encryption box of >4Gb?

TIA

Cheers

Michael

Message Edited by mcuth on 07-22-2009 02:05 PM

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: HD-CELU2 - any way to remove the SHARE prefix? Also SLM question...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 04:23:23 PM »

That is normal behavior for this device.  There is only one share and you cannot change it.  Also don't create anything larger than 4 GB, including Secure Lock Mobile encryption box.

"I recently purchased the HD-CELU2 (Drivestation 2 share) 500Gb model with the intention being to only access it over my LAN"

With everything you're saying it sounds like a linkstation would be more suitable for your needs.

Message Edited by PCPiranha on 07-22-2009 04:23 PM

mcuth

• Calf
Re: HD-CELU2 - any way to remove the SHARE prefix? Also SLM question...
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 04:53:41 PM »

PCPiranha wrote:

That is normal behavior for this device.  There is only one share and you cannot change it.  Also don't create anything larger than 4 GB, including Secure Lock Mobile encryption box.

Ok, thanks for the confirmation

PCPiranha wrote:

With everything you're saying it sounds like a linkstation would be more suitable for your needs.

Well, bit late now :smileyvery-happy: and I do like having the option of a USB connection

In any event, the linkstations were a bit more expensive and seemed to be tilted more to the streaming media stuff - we just wanted a simple drive to hang off the LAN for backups of our 2 laptops more than anything else.

Cheers

Michael