Author Topic: Terastation Pro II NAS to ISCSI  (Read 3922 times)

attende

• Calf
Terastation Pro II NAS to ISCSI
« on: July 21, 2009, 05:24:54 AM »

It's possible, with a firmware update, convert a NAS Terastation Pro II TS-RHTGL into a ISCSI capable device as TS-RITGL?

Thanks

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Terastation Pro II NAS to ISCSI
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 05:35:02 AM »
   Simple answer.... No. Voids the warranty. They use completely different protocols.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

attende

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 06:48:26 AM »
   Ok for the warranty, but last week I had an hardware fault in the enclosure of a Terastation Pro II (NAS). To recover data I take the four disks and put it in another Terastation, but ISCSI.

When I powered on the second one (teorically ISCSI) I saw all my data using SMB protocol, not with iscsi.
So I think there are no differences in the enclosure, but the difference is in the "firmware" or in the "OS image" stored in the disks.

It's correct?
Message Edited by attende on 07-21-2009 06:49 AM

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 06:52:27 AM »
   Yeah the units hardware are identical (as far as im aware) the reason you were only able to use smb is because all the firmware is contained on the drives which was carried over when you transfered them to the ISCSI.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!