Author Topic: Enter User \ Pass and the browser just spins... won't log in.  (Read 4512 times)

dirtmcgirt

• Calf

Hi, I have a LS500GL and I just noticed that recently I can't log in. What happens is I go to the login screen (it comes up fine), put my user:pass in and hit enter.  Nothing happens and it won't log in. I can see the connection is trying to be made but it still won't go past the login screen.

I hit the reset button and tried connecting directly to my PC, but same thing.  

I should note that the Linkstation was part of my Domain but my domain controller went down. However, I thought that the reset would fix that?  Also, would the login screen still come up if my drives were bad, I'm hoping that's not what's wrong.  How can I reset this thing without erasing the data on it? I have a lot of stuff on there.

The shares don't work either (i.e, 192.168.0.10\share name)

Message Edited by dirtmcgirt on 04-18-2009 07:29 PM

dirtmcgirt

• Calf
Re: Enter User \ Pass and the browser just spins... won't log in.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 10:19:53 PM »

So I did a search and I'm having similar issues that this guy had:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=8239&query.id=12030#M8239

Anyhow, I did the force \debug firmware flash to the older 1.11 and it's still doing the same thing.  I log in and the screen shows the the LinkStation banner but nothing will load. It will just spin trying to connect to http://192.168.0.10/cgi-bin/top.cgi

Any ideas?

dirtmcgirt

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 10:40:41 PM »
   Ok, I fixed it myself and figured out the problem. If your LinkStation was part of a Domain and your DC goes down and it can't see it... you're not going to get on or see the shares until the DC is repaired. I just spun up a new machine with the previous domain settings and it saw the Linkstation fine.
Message Edited by dirtmcgirt on 04-19-2009 11:28 PM

cbarria

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 11:14:32 AM »
   What if you can't bring the Domain Controller back? Is there a way to reset the unit to factory defaults without wiping the data?

sethz

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 11:25:49 AM »

Just in case others get this issue

-try a hard reset (reset button on the back).

-Plug directly into the unit via ethernet. The unit will go back to its default IP of 192.168.11.150 so you may need to set a static on the PC for there to be the two-way communication.

-Go into the web interface and set it back to workgroup.

-Either enter in the new info manually, or plug it back into the network and try to access it again.