Author Topic: LinkStation Pro Duo - bundled memeo not vista 64 supported  (Read 5845 times)

mixart

• Calf
LinkStation Pro Duo - bundled memeo not vista 64 supported
« on: December 04, 2008, 05:48:18 AM »

The bundled backup software "memeo" that comes with LinkStatioin pro duo does not work on Vista 64-bit and the memeo forums are full of people complaining. Since I bought this NAS solution for backup I'm lost without a solution other than Vista's built-in.

One of the reasons I purchased this was because I had heard about memeo and wanted to use it and am considering taking this unit back since the box mentions nothing about it having no 64-bit support (actually there are no system requirements listed on the box!).

Is there any way you can offer alternate software for users like myself with no backup software for 64-bit vista.

mixart

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Pro Duo - bundled memeo not vista 64 supported
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 11:29:12 AM »

Just a note to anyone interested - support have said that there is no solution to this. The harware works and the fact that the software does not is tough luck.

I would suggest buffalo should not put a bit logo advertising memeo on the box then :)

P.s. The installation CD that comes with the unit actually fails and comes up with various errors also when you select this option during installation on 64bit vista. I had to re-install twice and be sure to un-check the memeo option for it to complete installation properly without errors.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 06:07:24 PM »
Memeo.com does sell other products it may be worth it to see if they do sell a software that will work on 64 bit OS and server operating systems.

buffaloproblems

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 08:45:25 PM »

It's too bad that Memeo and Buffalo are behind the times. I should have known before purchasing this product. Vista 64-bit PC's are all over the place now, even at BestBuy, and they shouldn't be selling products that are not prepared for this. I just checked Seagate's web site and it seems they are in the same boat.

Also, I called Buffalo's tech support site a few days ago. The guy I spoke with was rude, which attests to Buffalo's subpar support to go along with their subpar products. I regret giving them a chance in the first place.

mixart

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 08:58:17 PM »

I managed to find a 64bit download for memeo autobackup. It's not mentioned anywhere on the memeo site, not on their support or download pages, it's just a random link in the forums... hope it works for you - it did for me.

I hope Buffalo can put info about this on their site somewhere.

http://forum.memeo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3472

leobotelho

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 02:18:07 PM »

Unacceptable. I contact the Buffalo Customer Service asking if I have to buy the Memeo for Windows Vista 64, and they told to me that they don't know. I have to contact Memeo. And Memeo doesn't have any Customer Call Center. Then I downloaded the 64 trial version and I tried to insert the S/N# from the version which came in my LS-CHL 1TR, which of course didn't work.

What do the buyers have to do. Buy a backup station and plus a backup software. It doesn't make any sense. Any External HD comes with backup software to support it.

I would like to have an answer regarding this issue from Buffalo.

klibby897

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 09:51:21 AM »
   Has there been any resolution to this issue ? I'm trying to find appropriate backup software to use with The Linkstation Pro Duo that will automatically backup and delete older backups before the drive is completely filled. I tries using Memeo Backup Pro but it simply filled the drive and then the backup failed. Trying Retrospect HD next. I also tried Retrospect for Windows but it simply has too many parameters to setup and manage. I just want to backup my PC.