Author Topic: LS-CHL Cannot stream media or access :9050  (Read 4210 times)

vf102

• Calf
LS-CHL Cannot stream media or access :9050
« on: June 19, 2009, 06:08:33 PM »

Hi,

Going out of my mind trying to get this bloomin' thing to work

I have a 1TB LS-CHL that I am trying to stream to .... anything!

I see there is a problem with connecting PS3 w/fm 2.7+ which should be resolved by latest firmware for ls-chl (1.07)

I have upgraded ls-chl to 1.07 OK nd all works fine, but still no joy.

All the advice in here seems to revolve arond getting to the twonky(?) interface at port 9050 i.e

http://192.168.0.4:9050 but all I get is a "connection refused" error

Having said that I'm new to this so what would I do when I get there?

Media server is enabled in the web admin for the LS, but are there other service config/endpoints lurking on other ports too?

Is there any documentation/howto advice for this? From what I can see so far this is one of the most poorly documented bits of hardware I have ever seen. Getting basic functionality for a consumer focused device shouldn't mean trawling google and forums from the outset!!

Any help *much* appreciated thanks...

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: LS-CHL Cannot stream media or access :9050
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 07:14:49 AM »
One of our users said that he had initilialized the unit (Web Admin->Maintenance->Initialization->Restore) and had got his PS3 to see media that way.  Did you attempt that?

vf102

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL Cannot stream media or access :9050
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 09:00:35 AM »

Yep tried that - doesn't appear to make any difference.

Should I be getting something @ 192.168.0.4:9050 as well?

Documentation on the media streaming capabilities seems pretty scant, what should I be able to stream/serve to? PS3, iTunes

btw this is being done from Vista SP2 32-bit, attached to NAS via Netgear DG834G

Cheers

vf102

• Calf
[SOLVED] Re: LS-CHL Cannot stream media or access :9050
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 10:51:43 AM »

Found sticking point to be a rogue continually unchecked "Enable UPnP" option in my router config which wasn't being saved when I turned it on. A reflash of router firmware sorted that and now my NAS is streaming away :-)

I can now access the twonky admin interface at :9050 from where all makes sense (if only getting to that was documented in the stuff that came with the NAS i'm sure many folk would find this much easier!)

I would appreciate any advice on using the NAS to act as a streaming server for iTunes (Windows) - assuming it is possible to do that? Is it a question of mapping a drive to it, creating an iTunes library and then uploading that to the NAS? Presumably then iTunes can pick up the NAS-hosted library as a shared one on the network?

Cheers

vf102