Author Topic: DriveStation HD-CELU2 network setup  (Read 8586 times)

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: DriveStation HD-CELU2 network setup
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 06:40:36 PM »
Strange indeed. Make sure when you're applying those settings that you're clicking OK or Close rather than the Red 'X' in the upper right of the window (pretty much the equivalent of cancelling the changes).

jrausch

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 07:00:41 PM »
   I have been, click ok, then close, does not save the settings.  Everytime I go back in, it is blank again...

drewinc42

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 12:31:53 PM »

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem with my Drivestation HD-CE500LU2-EU.

I have it on the lan with four workstations. Three of them are working perfectly, the other installs fine, but the icon on the desktop does not work.

I can ping the drive and access its settings via a webbrowser on the workstation that isnt working, but when I try accessing the drive via \\ipaddress or desktop icon it fails as the previous poster.

I tried changing the windows locator but it too does not stick when the settings are applied.

All four machines are running vista.

I tried starting the RPC service and this didnt help with retaining the windows locator setting.

Any ideas?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 04:43:26 PM »

jrausch: Then I'm afraid that's an OS issue if the settings keep blanking out.  Is this a corporate owned computer (i.e. property of your employer)?

drewinc42: What firmware version shows up in the NAS Navigator?

tanglp

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 05:42:53 PM »

Hi, I'm having the same problem. The Windows Locator doesn't seems to show up. I'm using Vista home unit.

The firmware version is BUF-CELU2-1.4.7 LOADER 3.5W1.9.