Author Topic: Linkstation Live 1TB with Bittorrent - Torrent downloads won't start  (Read 6220 times)

jameel

• Calf

Hi There

I recently bought a Linkstation Live 1TB with Bittorrent with the aim of backing up a load of stuff but predominantly so that I could use bittorrent without leaving my PC on all the time. The drive seems to work fine for storage etc and wasn't difficult to setup but the bittorrent client doesn't seem to work. Torrents can be added ok and they appear in the list of torrents but when you click on them you get details such as:

• Size:134.3 MB
  • print('detail_remain');Remaining:134.3 MB
  • print('detail_download');Downloaded:0 bytes
  • print('detail_upload');Uploaded:0 bytes
  • print('detail_seed');Seeds:0 (0)
  • print('detail_peer');Peers:0 (0)
  • print('detail_ratio');Ratio:0
  • print('detail_availability');Availability:0
  • print('detail_speed_download');Download Speed:0
  • print('detail_speed_upload');Upload Speed:0

Regardless of how many seeds/peers there are on the torrent (as seem from the tracker's website) at the time and this doesn't seem to change. I've given the linkstation a static IP on my network and forwarded port 63089 to it from my router and set that as the default port in the linkstation web client but with no luck. Everything I try the seeds/peers remains at 0. I know the port is open as that's the one I've beenusing with uTorrent with no problems.

I'm using firmware 1.07 (which came on the drive) on windows XP pro. The code for the drive is LS-CH1.0TL. My router (a Thompson TG 585 v7) is at 192.168.1.254 and the linkstation is at 192.168.1.99. My public IP changes whenever my connection is reset but at the moment it begins 77.86.

Having read through lots of other threads on this forum I've tried switching the BT folder from 'share/bittorrent' to just 'share' but that doesn't seem to work. I've tried several trackers including a well seeded Ubuntu ISO from the pirate bay and still they all show as 0 seeds/peers.

I'd be really grateful for any help.

Message Edited by jameel on 06-14-2009 11:31 PM

Pottypotsworth

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Live 1TB with Bittorrent - Torrent downloads won't start
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 08:36:47 AM »

Well you have managed to get further than me, because whenever i try and add a torrent url, its says "torrent url sent" and then no torrents appear in the list.

jameel

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 12:50:29 PM »

"Well you have managed to get further than me, because whenever i try and add a torrent url, its says "torrent url sent" and then no torrents appear in the list."

I have just the same problem if i use the 'add torrent from URL' option but they appear in the list if I download the .torrent file and use the 'add torrent from file' option.

Pottypotsworth

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 04:53:44 PM »
   Thanks for the tip, worked a treat for me.

jameel

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 04:38:45 AM »

I'm happy that it helped you out. I've still got the same problem though with torrents failing to start and showing 0 seeds and 0 peers.

I'd really appreciate any help that anyone could offer as currently I feel like my Linkstation is basically useless and hasn't fulfilled the reason I bought it at all.

Pottypotsworth

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 06:16:12 AM »

Actually, i replied too quickly. It added the torrents bu they don't start, same problem as you. The other thing is that i cant get web access to work so i think it is related.

I have a thread here http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=11404 might be an idea for you to keep your eye on it just in case we find a solution.

Best of luck

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 07:19:06 AM »

jameel: Did you forward port 6881 on your router to the IP of the NAS?

Pottypotsworth: We're still looking into any solution we can find.

jameel

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 07:44:05 AM »

Hi Dustrega

Yeah I've forwarded 6881 as well as the port I'd used for BT previously. I've tried changing the port in the linkstation control panel back to 6881 and the same problem remains.

The ports forwarded from my router to the NAS for BT are:

TCP 6881 - 6889 6881 - 6889 

TCP 63089 - 63089 63089 - 63089

jameel

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 10:31:37 AM »

Hi guys

I emailed Buffalo tech support and they pointed me in the direction of the Network Config settings on the Linkstation itself. As well as giving it a static IP you need to set the DNS server to point to your router. Just correcting that made the linkstation see peers/seeds and start downloading the files.

Hope the same thing helps others.