Author Topic: Linkstation Mini Web Access to Files  (Read 4160 times)

sakamada

• Calf
Linkstation Mini Web Access to Files
« on: May 24, 2009, 06:00:32 AM »

Hi,

This is my first post - I've tried to find a similar problem described but I can't see anything.

I am using Linkstation Mini 1TB running Firmware version 1.05 with a BT Home Hub router and want to access my files remotely using BuffaloNAS.com.

I have set up my Linkstation to allow Web Access, and have allocated my Linkstation name and key. I have set up Port Forwarding of ports 80, 443 and 4125 to my Linkstation on my Home Hub.

I am able to access my Linkstation remotely via BuffaloNAS.com, but only to log in, not to access files. When I log in I only have the basic Linkstation info, User Management and Logout as options.

I have 3 shares on my Linkstation, all set up for Web Access as "Allow Anonymous", all set up with FTP checked. I can access them via BuffaloNAS.com when I'm at home (i.e. connecting via internal IP address).

Note that I am trying to access my files using an Iphone but don't think this is an issue as I am able to access them OK at home via BuffaloNAS.com using the internal IP address. 

Hope someone can suggest a solution.

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Mini Web Access to Files
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 02:47:39 PM »
The external port should be set to 9000.  Also you are gonna need to open the 9000 port on your router.  You should get a login screen that will ask you for a username/password.  That will be the password that you use for the linkstation.  You can double check your username and password through the linkstation interface under the usermanagment.

sakamada

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 03:24:52 PM »
   Excellent, thank you, that worked perfectly. WebAccess up and running.

morrisb2

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 04:27:39 PM »

It is not intuitively obvious, but you must forward the port 9000 to your Buffalo NAS, NOT

to your computer. We are used to doing port forwarding to our computer.

The documentation is really vague on this.

Once you do that, you are home free....