Author Topic: BuffaloNas Web Access Not Working  (Read 10875 times)

beasho

  • Calf
  • *
  • Posts: 7
BuffaloNas Web Access Not Working
« on: February 26, 2009, 11:55:15 am »
   

I have successfully configured and used the WebAccess feature on my TeraStation LS-C1.0TL.  It worked for several weeks but has apparently stopped working.  When logging in with the Linkstation name it gives me the stock response: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

 

I am sure that I have typed in the 'right' linkstation name because when I tried anything else I get the following response "Invalid name, please check your spelling" very quickly from the BuffaloNas website.

 

Do any of my Linkstation settings effect the Web Access features?  In other words does Sleep, Auto On/Off . . . have to be turned off to get the Web Access working again?

Message Edited by beasho on 02-26-2009 11:18 PM

Jotin

  • Big Bull
  • *****
  • Posts: 4201
Re: BuffaloNas Web Access Not Working
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 08:20:51 am »
   If your linkstation has the options for auto, on/off, you would want to keep it to on for web access. This way it will not go to sleep. Also if your having issues with the unit for web access you might just want to double check if the ip address for your unit changed. It could have changed if it wasnt set to static.  If it did then the port 9000 on  your router would no longer be set to the right ip address. Probably your best bet would be to set a static on the unit and reset up web access.

beasho

  • Calf
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: BuffaloNas Web Access Not Working
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 08:47:51 am »
   

This is my second Linkstation and I had it set up with a static IP address from the beginning (because I had run into that problem on my first Linkstation in the past).  The machine is now currently set to "On".

 

Still not working

 

Trying to re Enable Web Access I keep getting a:

 

"bnas_UpdateFail"

 

Error message.  Is there a system wide outage for the BuffaloNas or is this just me.


Jotin

  • Big Bull
  • *****
  • Posts: 4201
Re: BuffaloNas Web Access Not Working
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 09:00:20 am »
   I have not heard any thing about bnas server going down. You might need to reflash the firmware on your unit. It might not be able to communicate with the server anymore.

beasho

  • Calf
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: BuffaloNas Web Access Not Working
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 10:17:20 am »
   

I installed v1.07 yesterday.  No change.

 

What does "reflash" firmware mean.


Jotin

  • Big Bull
  • *****
  • Posts: 4201
Re: BuffaloNas Web Access Not Working
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 10:20:31 am »
   Reinstalling the firmware. So you would follow the force firmware procedure. You can find instructions for that somewhere in here or in the knoweldge base.

jthorpe

  • Calf
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Re: BuffaloNas Web Access Not Working
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 10:41:48 am »
   

I am experiencing the same error message.  I've disabled and enabled Auto-configure firewall and made sure my port forwarding on the router is set to 9000 for my static ip.  I updated to the 1.07 firmware yesterday.

 

Suggestions?  Thanks


Jason

  • El Toro
  • ****
  • Posts: 315
Re: BuffaloNas Web Access Not Working
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 03:15:42 pm »

There are issues with the service today 3/17/09.

 

Should be resolved shortly.


beasho

  • Calf
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: BuffaloNas Web Access Not Working
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 04:15:53 pm »
   

I fixed the problem by "Restoring Factory Defaults."  Someone suggested that my original web Access connection may have been corrupted.  I restored the default settings and it took less time to reconfigure the NAS (Data was NOT lost) than it would to have continuued troubleshooting.  I then opened up another Web Access account and it has worked ever since. 


Arneathome

  • Calf
  • *
  • Posts: 1
Re: BuffaloNas Web Access Not Working
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 11:43:09 am »
   Hi there, I did the same. It is not working - neither with the "old" Factory Defaults nor with the 1.07 Firmware. The only Difference is, that the error-message is "bnas_UpdateFail" with 1.07 FW and before "Could not connect to buffalonas.com". So I donīt solve the problem as well.