Author Topic: Low Transfer speeds, a failure to move, and refusing to format  (Read 3175 times)

aflockofflying

• Calf
Low Transfer speeds, a failure to move, and refusing to format
« on: October 17, 2008, 12:34:14 PM »

I just got the 500gb Drivestation and here is my story.

At first the files I moved over to it went kinda slow, but they at least transfered. Then they got a lot slower, and eventually just wouldn't move over at all. My video files in particular refused to move, constantly getting an error message saying that there was an error in trying to transfer the file. Then I thought formating the drive to NTFS might help things. So then I started the format and let it sit for something like 6 hours, and the status bar did not change at all when i came back. I canceled it thinking it messed up, then tried several more times with similar results. My question is, should I just return it for a new one, and if I do that, what do I do about the transfering problem, or how the heck to I get it to actually format?

Help me T-T

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Low Transfer speeds, a failure to move, and refusing to format
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 06:40:51 AM »

This is not a normal behavior for an external hard drive of any type.  \

Have you tried another computer just to make sure its not the chipset?

If you have then if the format did not help then I would run a wipe program on the unit.  If you have purchased it less then 30 days ago I would exchange it for another one at the retailer, if not then call Buffalo support for an RMA