Author Topic: UPS power back for HS-DHTGL?  (Read 4332 times)

thetonyleone

• Calf
UPS power back for HS-DHTGL?
« on: May 18, 2009, 09:43:04 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has been able to use a UPS with the HS-DHTGL. I saw a previous post that told about a lot other models but it didnt have any information about HS-DHTGL. I wanted to see if there was an UPS available that could shut it down.

Thanks,

Tony

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: UPS power back for HS-DHTGL?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 05:41:56 AM »
   Unfortunately you cannot use a UPS with a Terastation Live
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

thetonyleone

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 08:11:39 AM »
   Is there any ideas of how to use it with a ups? Or just basically just hook it up to a ups so when power goes out it stays on as long as it can.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 10:32:24 AM »
   As i already said, you cannot use a UPS with a TS live, it is NOT designed to work with one!
Message Edited by davo on 05-19-2009 04:32 PM
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

spektre1

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »

Let's be slightly more accurate, shall we? You can use it as a backup power device, but as davo said, there is no way for the UPS to send a shutdown signal to the device. Unfortuantely, we have no control interface for that at this time.

You will at least gain the benefit of protection from power spikes and some power failure scenarios by having it on a UPS. And you can always manually shut it down in the event of a failure if you happen to be around. So some protection is better than none.

thetonyleone

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 09:45:37 PM »
   Thank you, that was so much more elequant of a responce and a lot better than an ogerish responce of "it doesnt work" I did understand that there wasnt a way to control if it would shut down through a UPS but the biggest thing I appriciate was to see if it would at least not mess it up from being on a UPS. Thanks again and I appriciate your help.