Author Topic: DriveStation™ HD-CEU2 shutting down  (Read 6636 times)

Orava

• Calf
DriveStation™ HD-CEU2 shutting down
« on: April 08, 2009, 08:28:07 AM »

My product: 1TB drivestation

Problem: Works for few seconds, then shuts down, I think I need to download some update, but what after that? If it just... shuts down... How to get it in there? Or is it enough for it to be on my computer?

Also, it has been working just great (just used it yesterday, no problems at all)

And it asks me for a serial number to download it, where would that be?

(tried something in the bottom of the drive but it said invalid, and I got no idea if I destroyed the boxes and/or instructions already)

And if it matters, I'm from Finland and bought the harddrive on Jan 21.

It says 45525187****** (cencored partially to be sure) in the bottom of the drive

(same problem as here)

E: Apparently it won't even show the hibernation fixer- download in the european downloads page at all. I need to PM/Email some admin or support or something so I can use the US downloads??

Thanks!

Message Edited by Orava on 04-08-2009 08:56 AM

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: DriveStation™ HD-CEU2 shutting down
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »
Please check your inbox for the firmware :)

Orava

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 02:10:20 AM »

Thanks, downloading now, I'll tell if it works, later.

E: Works, thanks for the quick reply and the help in general!

Message Edited by Orava on 04-10-2009 02:48 AM

alan_gen

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 02:35:55 PM »

Orava wrote:

[...]And it asks me for a serial number to download it, where would that be?

(tried something in the bottom of the drive but it said invalid, and I got no idea if I destroyed the boxes and/or instructions already)

And if it matters, I'm from Finland and bought the harddrive on Jan 21.

It says 45525187****** (cencored partially to be sure) in the bottom of the drive

Message Edited by Orava on 04-08-2009 08:56 AM

I feel the pain. I needed to download the support software from Buffalo website & I too got the abominable invalid "serial number" error when I typed "455xxxxx" -- there is no other "serial number" on my device (except for MEMBUFFxxxx -- but that's for using the MEMEO software). How do customers download the necessary support software from the website? Where can I locate this serial number on my DS? 

In my case, my CD has gone AWOL in a move and I need to use the software to run on my new laptop. 

Here is the form that asks for the Serial number: http://www.buffalotech.com/support/validate/?MTMyfE5URlNGb3JtYXQuemlw

Message Edited by alan_gen on 04-10-2009 02:38 PM

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 04:54:05 PM »
If you're looking for the serial number it should be on the back or on the bottom of the device physically. The serial key on the CD is for the Memeo software included on the resource disc.

andyr_78

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 05:45:30 PM »

Hi,

Just bought 1Tb Buffalo and am having the same issue as the guy posted above you, or so it seems. I first used this drive on another computer running XP and it worked fine. Have just tried to install it on my laptop running Vista and it doesn't see the drive. Also, the drive powers up momentarilly then shuts down again. Wondering if I need the firmware patch or something else for Vista compatabillity.

Thanks in advance,

andyr_78

lazza61

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 02:45:39 AM »

i have the same problem and because im in australia cannot d/l the patch as the page will not accept my serial number

anybody help  ??

funglen

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 03:33:40 PM »

Sir, I am having the same issue, it will not take my serial number on the bottom, however mine starts with

955063xxxxx, not 455, is this already have the new firmware?

can  you email it to me?

gwenviv

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 06:23:15 PM »

I also have an issue and cant download the firmware, being in europe it looks like i cant use my serial number.

Can you please e-mail me the firmware ?

Message Edited by gwenviv on 05-17-2009 08:02 AM

jerryk132

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 04:02:18 AM »

Guys, if u need this update select the European region in the map at the top right of the buffalo web pages, then select support downloads for the Drivestation turbousb - the models are now fully listed.

..AND - u don't need a serial number now...

When u get to the files download the 170 KB file dated 30-01-2009 (ver 3).  It is entitled:

"Important update for powersaving function".  In my case it fixed my drive.  You do have to run the file on your PC so it can update the drive - which must be connected, of course.

Personally I got no replies from support on this query, so I thought I'd let u all know as I eventually found the file.

Good luck

Jerry - York - UK