Author Topic: Why filezilla ftp server can not access sub-folders in LinkStation sharefolder  (Read 4669 times)

GDCUser

• Calf

I have one LinkStation Quad and I have mapped the shared folder into my PC as Drive L:. Use Windows exploreler I can create and access sub-folder, but when I run filezilla ftp server on PC and set its shared path to Drive L:, there's no any sub-folders I can see when i use filezilla client to connect this ftp server. Neither I can create folders from ftp client and it tells permission error.

I wonder whether any one has this issue when they try other Windows software to access shared folder from LinkStation and how it can be solved. 

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Didn't have a problem with Vista/FileZilla. Are your folders access restricted?

GDCUser

• Calf
   I am not aware of any access restriction for that shared folder from LinkStation Quad. My laptop is XP, when I set filezilla's root path to other path in local disk, no problem, this only happens to that LinkStation. I believe there could be a way to play around and get things done, but till now I have no idea. Anyway, I may try it on vista machine.

GDCUser

• Calf
   I tried to run filezilla server in one Desktop with Vista Home premium and one laptop with Vista Home Basic. Map linkstation space as Drive L:. and set ftp's root to Drive L:. Using Ftp client to connect, still can see only empty space-no file and no subfolder. When I am trying to create a folder (from ftp client UI), I was told permission denied. Did i do sth wrong? or there's some special setting.

BTW, I chose "run as administrator" to start filezilla server.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Alright here's what I've found with our LS Quad. I am running the FZ Client and have been able to do all of the things that you have mentioned (see folder contents, make directories, etc.) I'm not sure what firmware version you're running on your LS although I'm pretty certain that isn't much of an issue. Please post back on what you've found so far.