Author Topic: Linkstation LS-500GL - No web interface / or shares / cannot update via TFTP?  (Read 6547 times)

Narff

• Calf

Hello!

I'm having problems with my LS-500GL.  At the moment, I can see it is picking up an IP address of 192.168.1.3 but ...

I cannot browse to this address

I cannot use the Firmware update software (It runs a scan and then says "A Linkstation is not connected, Finish" (I'm using HD-HGLAN FWUpdate.exe)

I can see the LS in NasNavi2 - it has a ? on the icon in the top and down the bottom it says EM MODE in a red outlined box.

I've tried using the TFTP server software, setting my PC to 192.168.11.1 and have put some of the images into the same directory as the TFTP server exe, it manages to push down 2 files - "uImage.buffalo 2509 Blocks Served  & initrd.buffalo 8816 Blocks Served".

After it has pushed down those two files, it reboots and chirps just like after you turn it on and I can see it in NasNavi2, however, I still cannot browse to the address I see it has picked up.

When I right click the device in NasNavi and choose "Send I'm Here" it returns 'Failed URL open. Error code=12029'.

I'm guessing I've setup the TFTP server wrong somehow so it isn't actually renewing any of the firmware properly or something?

How can I make sure I've got the right firmware file in the right place, and that the TFTP ini file is pointing to it properly?

Is there anything else I am missing?

Thanks and Regards,

Narff.

Narff

• Calf
   Oh I should also add that after it reboots during the TFTP procedure and even after NasNavi detects the unit, the LED flashes constantly and the Link/ACT light flickers periodically.  But that could be a red herring I suppose.

Matt_M

• Buffalo

You're using the wrong firmware download, you need the updater located at: http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/?LS-GL_FW_111.zip

The updater you mentioned in your post if for the original Linkstation Gigabit version which would be why it's not seeing it.

Narff

• Calf
   Worked first go, everything is back up and running - thankyou, Sir!

lakings91

• Calf

Is that file still available?

I can't seem to download it.

Rather than that my problem is already described presicely!

Please help!