Author Topic: Problems with linkstation Live LS-CHL 1TB. Unable to access.  (Read 14851 times)

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: Problems with linkstation Live LS-CHL 1TB. Unable to access.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 11:51:57 AM »
jazzbo9, Call your local support center for a replacement.

jazzbo9

• Calf
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 10:45:16 PM »
   I fixed it using the Buffalo NAS wiki.  There was a youtube in there that explained how to 'force' a flash.  I knew I needed to force a disk format (because I was getting 3 flashes) and when I did that it was good.  I also had to use another post I found in the wiki because the program came back up in Japanese.  This is a great product but you need to document it better!

smcaudata

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 11:39:47 PM »

It isn't just documentation. These are not tested properly prior to shipment. I got 2 of these and both of them had the initial problem of not being able to select the Volume when creating a share folder. Creating a share without a volume selected will make it 2GB max without the ability to delete it. In this state it also seems that you cannot perform a format or do any other functions to the disk. Disk erase bricks them and requires a forced format that sometimes works.  I think the problem is with the 1.06 firmware. There seems to be a high failure rate of the update.  All that needs to be done is to go into the manager and assure that the format disk option is available and that you can select a volume when creating a share.

It is a great product (if a bit slow since I bought this a week before the fast version was announced...). Documentation is lackluster but so is quality control. 

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 10:01:01 PM »

I've been trying to replicate this issue on our end, no luck as of yet.

jazzbo9:

The force update procedure and the instructions for fixing the language are also in this forum and the knowledge base, just to let you know.

jazzbo9

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 10:44:22 PM »
   Hey it works and I'm happy.  A perfect solution for me!  Thank you.

smcaudata

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2009, 11:15:14 PM »
   Perhaps it was just a batch that went out. I got mine from Provantage a week before I posted this first message. Not sure if that will help track down a unit. It appeared to be a firmware/formatting issue.

prycej

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 05:07:22 AM »

I have also now got the same problem also having problems with Web Access and permissions. 

I have created 3 shares absolutely fine, however created a fourth today and no volume was present.

If I now try to delete the volume I cant (doenst have a check box).  

I really hope I dont have to completely blat the device as I have already uploaded 240 GB of stuff (which took a while)... 

prycej

• Calf
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 06:32:47 AM »
   I have just done a firmware update to 1.07 and has not made a difference.  I still dont see Disk1 when attempting too add a new share.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 05:42:17 PM »
prycej, unfortunately the only fix that we know of for this issue is to force the firmware update, checking all four of the Config options in the Debug menu. The Rebuild Partition Table option WILL REMOVE ALL DATA.

prycej

• Calf
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 06:02:37 AM »

Colin,

Thanks for the help and shame about the loss of data have done this and can again correctly create shares.  

Although after re-creating the shares and enabling webaccess I am still having the original permissions problems after I have set things up again though (but seperate case on http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&thread.id=9627).

Thanks again.