Author Topic: Invisible web admin with Linkstation mini  (Read 3533 times)

Tubatim

• Calf
Invisible web admin with Linkstation mini
« on: May 03, 2009, 02:55:57 PM »

Just added a Linkstation Mini LS-WS1.0TGL/R1 to my home network. On the first instal (on PC running XP home) everything went very smoothly but when I got into web admin it was all in Japanese. Found some instructions to change it to English but now when I log into web admin the menu doesn't show on the left. I have tried installing on a laptop running Vista but have the same problem. However, on Vista, after I type in the password and hit enter the menu shows very briefly on the left and then disappears.

So I can see the drive but I can't manage it e.g. I would like to change Raid setting....

Any suggestions?

Ta

Tubatim

• Calf
Re: Invisible web admin with Linkstation mini
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:23:57 AM »
   Forgot to mention it's Firmware 1.06.

Tubatim

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 02:29:29 PM »

I have also tried a direct link from Linkstation to Vista machine but the problem remains.

To recap I can see the Linkstation and use it as a network hard drive. But I can't get use any management tools because the menu doesn't appear after logging in. So I can't change the raid array or the password so I can't set it up for remote access etc....

So I have been thinking maybe it needs a Firmware force and noticed that in Europe region the available Firmware download is 1.05 but the US region has 1.06 (which is what mine is).

So if I go down that route which one do I use?

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Ta

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 03:58:04 PM »
Sorry about the delay. Check/disable countermeasure software (i.e. anti-virus and scriptblockers) for that IP address and see if that helps the problem with the menu display. Since the firmware you're running on the device is 1.06 I would suggest forcing the firmware to that version.

Tubatim

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 05:00:51 PM »

Many thanks Dustrega.

Forcing the firmware worked. Menu display is now visible and useable.

I did discover that it was enabling the NTP server settings that messed it up (because i managed to do it again this evening!) The first time I did it because I was trying to get from Japanese to English. This time I was trying to get the time to synch to my computer and it was insisting on using GMT -11 (I guess because the firmware that I used is the US version..) and I couldn't get it to stay set to GMT. Anyway, I'm not going near the NTP setting again and the time seems to have settled down to the correct for here now.

Thanks again

Tim