Author Topic: LS-CHL on LS-GL firmware...help  (Read 3950 times)

musicexpression

• Calf
LS-CHL on LS-GL firmware...help
« on: April 30, 2009, 10:19:28 PM »

Somehow or other, I have a LS-CHL 1TB NAS accidentally downgraded to a LS-GL firmware 1.15. 

I tried downloading the LS-CHL 1.07 firmware but the LSupdater complains no LS-CHL was found. Instead LS-GL was reported by NasNavi. 

Any kind souls out there can advise me how to revert back to the original LS-CHL 1.07 firmware? Many thanks. 

musicexpression

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL on LS-GL firmware...help
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 07:26:11 PM »
   OK, I retried the following as a last resort.

Download both LS-GL and LS-CHL firmware versions.
Since my NAS is recognised by NasNavi as a LS-GL version, let it be. My workaround was to overwrite the common files of the LS-GL with the LS-CHL version:

- hddrootfs.img
- initrd.img
- u-boot.buffalo.updated
- uImage.buffalo

and leave the files of LS-GL intact:

- linkstation_version.txt
- LSUpdater.exe
- lsupdater.ini

The above 3 stock LS-GL files is to fool the installer to still look for my LS-GL device while forcing the LS-CHL img & boot files to the NAS.

I followed the steps in http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffal...thread.id=9309 to force a firmware update to revert back to LS-CHL.

After forcing the firmware upload, the NAS restarts, make the necessary static IP address changes, did whatever changes I can remember, followed by another restart, and viola! NasNavi now correctly reports the LS-CHL device on my home network.

There is a another new problem though, the top LED frequently alternates between violet & blue. NasNavi2 reports this as E22: Error mounting disk2/3/4. Appears it is constantly scanning (& attempt to mount) the other 3 non-existent drive.

Now I am really stumped. Is the 1.07 LS-CHL firmware REALLY compatible with my NAS? What shall I do next? Any thoughts?

musicexpression

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL on LS-GL firmware...help
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 11:04:18 PM »
   Problem solved by erasing/reformatting the HDD. No more E22 errors or alternating blue/violet LED. :)