Author Topic: Problems Installing TeraStation Pro on my Vista (Home) PC  (Read 5572 times)

swahmed

• Calf
Problems Installing TeraStation Pro on my Vista (Home) PC
« on: April 29, 2009, 06:14:05 AM »

Hi Guys

I have been using a USB hard drive for a while and now its time for an upgrade. I have purchased a Terastation Pro (TS-2.0TGL/R5).

I have downloaded the Software and Manual from the Buffalo website.

I am following the instructions to install the software and i am finding that the install is failling when trying to install Buffalo Nas Navigator2...showing "Cancelled or an Error Occured" The security level is reduced as per other Forum posts.

The Navigator short cut is placed on my Desktop and when i go to use this i get the error msg Cannot Access Nasnavipreference.

My PCs rough specs are:

Vista Home Premium (32Bit OS)

AMD Athalon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.40GHz

160Gb HD

1GB Memory

The Terastation is connected to my PC via the Network port, i needed the fast transfer speeds as oppossed to the USB hard drive i have, as the Terastation will be used for storing family Videos and photo's and music.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Regards

Wasim

Message Edited by swahmed on 04-29-2009 06:33 AM
Message Edited by swahmed on 04-29-2009 06:34 AM

disputator

• Buffalo
Re: Problems Installing TeraStation Pro on my Vista (Home) PC
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 07:19:53 AM »
   Some of the CD versions had the problem. Despite the error message the NAS Navigator should be installed and working.

swahmed

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 09:54:29 AM »

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

No it doesnt install anything other than the Security Tool.

I have also tried installing using the First link in the install program "Connect Terrastation To The Network".

The Util stop working after asking me if i want to leave it as a Raid 5 or do i want to change it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wasim

Message Edited by swahmed on 04-29-2009 10:12 AM

swahmed

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 11:46:01 AM »

Hi

Finally got it working...

Instead of installing the CD i downloaded the file at http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/?nasnavi-215.zip

Unzipped and clicked on the exe file and its working, web access, ip config everything sorted. So why the installer kept on crashing i dont know.

Happy Days!!!

Regards

Wasim