Author Topic: Webaccess signing on problem  (Read 4613 times)

Antonio

• Calf
Webaccess signing on problem
« on: April 21, 2009, 05:26:30 PM »

Hi

I've got an LS-CHL.

Webaccess seems to be correctly configured but when I try to access the LS over the web the user and password is not accepted. I've set the web access user name and password on the LS using the web interface and everything else is setup correctly. But it just won't let me in. If I set the folder on the LS to "Anonymous" I can get in but obviously so can the rest of the world!!

Strangely, if I use "Test 1234" as both the user name and password it works as it should do - I can gain access using that user name and password. It's using a different combo that I'm having trouble with.

I've contacted technical support who suggested reinitialising the unit which I did but this has not cured the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Webaccess signing on problem
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 05:27:44 PM »
What firmware are you running?

Antonio

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 05:29:21 PM »
   Version 1,07.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 05:44:03 PM »
and you are using a user that you created, not using your buffalonas name and key correct?
Message Edited by PCPiranha on 04-21-2009 05:45 PM

Antonio

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 10:22:50 AM »

Sorry for the late reply - went to bed!!

I'm using a name and key that I was asked to create on the web access setup page. I'm not using "Admin" and a password which is what I use to access the web interface. Cheers.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 02:33:41 PM »
then thats your problem.  You need to use a username and password that you set up under "user managment" in the web interface.

Antonio

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 03:42:26 PM »

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested and now it works. It's a shame Buffalo tech support weren't able to work it out!!

Thanks again

A