Author Topic: LinkStation power down automatically (switch ON)  (Read 5818 times)

mguillemette

• Calf
LinkStation power down automatically (switch ON)
« on: April 19, 2009, 05:33:31 AM »

Just a question : is it common that my unit power down automatically whereas  switch on the back of the unit is on position "on" (not auto) ? I reboot manually but, again, after 5 mn, the unit power down (as if the switch was on position "auto" without Nas navigator software!) ?

Thanks

michiganian

• Calf
Re: LinkStation power down automatically (switch ON)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 03:13:31 AM »

It is unusual. Does your LinkStation get hot after you turn it on? LinkStation may shut down due to heat issue. Also, if the fan isn't working, LinkStation turns off to protect itself.

mguillemette

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 04:24:15 AM »

Hello,

thanks for your response. I try a new test and I look at if the unit is hot or not. if so, what do I have to do ?

Thanks.

michiganian

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 02:04:00 AM »

If the heat is the problem, place your LinkStation on "cooler" place, or you need to circulate the air in your room. Make sure no dust is stack on holes of LinkStation. 

If the fan failure is the problem, you need to call Buffalo for a repair service. That's the only way to replace the fan.

If you still experiece same problem, the heat may not be the problem. Better to call Buffalo's customer support.

mguillemette

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 03:27:00 AM »

Hi,

I done a new test yesterday evening. In short, the unit is not hot, the fan doesn't make noice, no dust, ...

I connected it on a dedicated electrical outlet, all my PCs were powered down. I powered up my linkstation without connection with my LAN (stand-alone). After 5 mn......the unit powered down itselft (swith on "ON") !!!

Then, I intalled the firmware 1.07-065 without problem. I reboot, but, after 5 mn...

mguillemette

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 06:04:56 AM »

I called Buffalo's customer support. It's OK, they will change my unit.

Thanks.