Author Topic: Cannot force firmware to update  (Read 3443 times)

spongyryno

• Calf
Cannot force firmware to update
« on: July 20, 2009, 06:33:24 PM »

I was getting an E04 error, so I booted into EM mode to try to force a firmware update. I downloaded the firmware, extracted it, and edited the lsupdate.ini that came with it according to the instructions. Here is the contents of the file:

[Application]
Title = BUFFALO HS-DHTGL Updater Ver.2.14
WaitReboot = 500
WaitFormat = 300

[Target]
ProductID = 0x00002006
Name = HS-DHTGL

[Flags]
VersionCheck=0

[SpecialFlags]
Debug=1

However, when I run TSUpdater.exe, it finds the terastation, but when I try to update the firmware, it says "PC and HS-DHTGL firmware version are the same. Updating is not necessary." I thought that the changes to remove the VersionCheck and to a Debug would make this not necessary? Also, it looks like I'm not getting the debug options in the UI, either.

Why is it not correctly parsing my INI file changes?

This is an HS-DH2.0TGL/R5, and I downloaded the firmware from here: http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/hs-dhtgl-up_214_102.zip

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Cannot force firmware to update
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »

Did you right click on the taskbar and go to debug and select the option to "not check version"?

Also make sure that you hit enter (return) after "WaitFormat = 300" because in your post you didn't

Message Edited by PCPiranha on 07-20-2009 07:08 PM

spongyryno

• Calf
Re: Cannot force firmware to update
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 07:12:56 PM »

No, I did not. :smileytongue:

I don't know how I missed that from the instructions. Usually I'm pretty good about following them.

Thanks for the answer---it's updating now.