Author Topic: Linkstation Live with Bittorrent - Refuses Log in  (Read 3680 times)

ctf2008

• Calf
Linkstation Live with Bittorrent - Refuses Log in
« on: April 16, 2009, 01:07:40 PM »

Hi all

Yesterday I tried logging into the web based management screen through a web browser and after typing in the admin username and password in, a message came back saying it was incorrect.

I tried again and again (The password IS correct) and it kept refusing

Upon trying with 3 other usernames and passwords the Linkstation still refuses to let me in and says that the Username or Password is incorrect.

I can still see the shared library in iTunes, but cannot seem to connect to any shares 

Anybody at all have any ideas? 

Thanks

Chris 

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Live with Bittorrent - Refuses Log in
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 01:24:24 PM »
Per our forum guidelines please post your exact model and firmware revision.

ctf2008

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 01:38:57 PM »

Its a Linkstation Live LS-CH640L  640GB with firmware 1.02 at the moment. 

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 03:39:41 PM »
Thank you very much. Try downloading the latest firmware and see if that works for you. Please post back your results or other issues :)

ctf2008

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 03:57:24 PM »

OK I downloaded the update, I went to install it and it asked for the admin password. I tried my own admin password that I had set it to and it refused again. I then tried the default password that comes with the admin account just out of curiosity and it actually started to install the update. 

I managed to log in to the web management with the default password - All my other usernames were there and their passwords now work again too

Solved

Thanks for your help