Author Topic: Firmware for terastation  (Read 6012 times)

Demoking

• Calf
Firmware for terastation
« on: April 04, 2009, 07:41:19 PM »

Hello I have a HD-H1.0TGL/R5 with Firm 1.12 this is so slow that its about unuasable ,

Ive read that a firmware upgrade would help  I cant find the proper firmware and if you can help with the speed ?

Thanks Roger 

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Firmware for terastation
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 12:22:35 PM »
You can download the latest firmware here which will probably help in speed of access on the drive. Are you accessing the NAS by it's hostname or the IP address?

vositis

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:50:06 AM »

I was having a similar problem and installed the suggested firmware upgrade.

The good news is that it fixed the problem, and I can once again reliably access the Terastation.

The bad news is that the Terastation interface is now entirely in Japanese.

Is there an English version of this firmware?

Thanks,

-VO 

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 11:29:05 AM »
Sometimes when you update the firmware it will revert it to another language.  Try this.  Get into the interface and you will see the tabs on the left hand side click on the second one and go all way to the bottom you should see the language change it to english and close the browser out and reopen it that should fix your problem.

vositis

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 01:17:51 PM »

The second tab doesn't have any language settings I can identify.  The sections appear to be in Japanese, but each has some english.. I'll try to describe the sections that I do have:

The first one appears to be the system name.  There are two fields, both starting with TeraStation and both contain TeraStation (the first in all upper case).  TeraStation is the network name of the device - how's that for imagination!)

The second appears to be a time setting.  It allows setting the time date and time zone.

The third refers to NTP.  A pair of radio buttons of which the second is selected, and a blank edit box.

THe fourth might be operating system type?  There are two drop down lists.  The first has two options and no description I can decipher.  The second description starts with "Windows****" and the drop down has 15 choices of which .....SJIS(CP932) is selected.  Other options include ISO either (CP###) or (ISO#######).

The fifth, and last section seems to turn on/off FTP and AppleTalk.  There are two pairs of radio buttons.  I can't read the labels, but the descriptions are AppleTalk**** and FTP****

That's it.  Under that is a button that I would assume says  'OK' or 'Save' or something.

Hmm... looking at the HTML source of the page (the HTML is in English) the first drop down in the fourth section has two options defined as 'japanese' (selected) and 'english'...

-VO 

vositis

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 01:21:08 PM »

That was it.  The first drop-down, in the fourth section of the second tab selected the language.

Both options are in Japanese on the screen, so you just have to choose the other one.  The second drop-down is the "Windows Client Language", which I also changed to the second one "CP437 (United States, Canada)".

Thanks for the help!!

-VO